Unsung Forum »
Daevid Allen Ill - Gong Dates Cancelled

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
caldervalium
caldervalium
516 posts

Daevid Allen Ill - Gong Dates Cancelled
Jul 22, 2014, 20:28
Just heard about this - get well soon Daevid.

http://www.planetgong.co.uk/outland/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=908
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Re: Daevid Allen Ill - Gong Dates Cancelled
Jul 22, 2014, 20:32
from all accounts and reports it would seem his recovery is going well though, especially considering his age, he is such a great human being. I thought it was so touching how so very many fans all joined together in sending healing energies at the time of the operation and on the following days, apparently he said he could feel it and it helped enormously to restore him.
caldervalium
caldervalium
516 posts

Jul 22, 2014, 21:21
I'm prepared to believe that, but there again I live in Hebden Bridge, Glastonbury/Totnes of the North. Anyway, healing vibes to the man, an inspiration and a wickedly good guitarist to boot, often overlooked.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Jul 22, 2014, 21:34
Yeah, it sounds like he's recovering, but also that it was pretty major, so all the best to the Pixie-in-Chief. I've always been amazed by the huge store of energy he has for someone his age, so hopefully he'll make a full recovery ~~~
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Jul 23, 2014, 02:09
Absolutely. Vibesaplenty to the man~~~~~~ I've been listening to Gong a lot recently.. in fact such a renaissance that it matches my affection first time round 'back then'. A great musician.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jul 23, 2014, 10:35
Gongular vibes ago go.
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Jul 23, 2014, 16:20
And from me, too.

I did a gig at the weekend with a spin-off act of the Gong universe, which we dedicated to the chap. And during the improvised session steered into a few of Daevid's grooves.

He's a truly lovely chap and I wish him a speedy recovery.
Unsung Forum Index