Yoko Ono Glasto & Yo La Tengo A Gogo

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Jun 23, 2014, 17:06
Yoko Ono Glasto & Yo La Tengo A Gogo
Jun 23, 2014, 17:05
Purty much the one thing which tipped me in favour of accepting my free ticket. :D So massively psyched to see her. Absolutely no interest in 99.99% of the rest of the lineup, but her set should be something else. Here's the set-list she played at a recent warm-up gig:

WAITING FOR THE D TRAIN
MOVING MOUNTAINS
RISING
WILL I
O'WIND
DON'T WORRY, KYOKO
MINDTRAIN
WE'RE ALL WATER
WHY
UNUN.TO

Anyone seen her in recent years? If you didn't enjoy it, don't tell me, as I don't want my bubble burst by nobody, ya hear!!!

ETA: Yo La Tengo are going to be her backing band, by the way.
Craveness
Craveness
30 posts

Re: Yoko Ono Glasto & Yo La Tengo A Gogo
Jun 24, 2014, 17:49
Never before, except walking down the street.
Even then, an electric aurora.

I'll be there, if not, I'd be square.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jun 24, 2014, 20:06
Sin Agog wrote:
Purty much the one thing which tipped me in favour of accepting my free ticket. :D

How awful for you. Please, there is a hotline available...
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jun 24, 2014, 21:46
Moon Cat wrote:
Sin Agog wrote:
Purty much the one thing which tipped me in favour of accepting my free ticket. :D

Mother's recovering from surgery, I have all of a tenner in my account right now, I'm not especially in the mood for being surrounded by crowds of intense, CIA-trained hedonists, and I'm already owed a few z's, so five more days without sleeping (I'll be in a field full of disgustingly early risers, who get up a few minutes after I arrive back from the Dance City) doesn't sound all that delightful. It'll be fun, but you really need to be in the right frame of mind to receive the Glastbomb.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jun 24, 2014, 22:00
Sin Agog wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
Sin Agog wrote:

Mother's recovering from surgery, I have all of a tenner in my account right now, I'm not especially in the mood for being surrounded by crowds of intense, CIA-trained hedonists, and I'm already owed a few z's, so five more days without sleeping (I'll be in a field full of disgustingly early risers, who get up a few minutes after I arrive back from the Dance City) doesn't sound all that delightful. It'll be fun, but you really need to be in the right frame of mind to receive the Glastbomb.

Apologies to you and yours dude. Just seemed a bit blase to some of us that really wanna and can't. And, as you say, if you dont wanna REALLY go...then don't....the worst thing is forcing the like button with something like Glastonbury
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Jun 24, 2014, 22:10
I think the secret to living a full life is taking on every single damned opportunity that comes your way, and not letting that side of you take control which secretly celebrates rainy days 'cause you don't have to feel so guilty that you spent it all streaming series 2 of Vikings. Um, long sentence, that. Anyway, 'course I was being a little knowingly smarmy there with that first sentence. I'll end up having a blast, and the main stage lineup is hardly the point of a festival this size. The ticket's not technically free, either. I still have to do a wee bit of radio biznezz.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jun 24, 2014, 22:19
Yeah, but the main stages shenanigens are always a bit Russian roulette and the best stuff is always the schlepping about finding things. Must admit though, it's always been a dream of mine to see a big metal band headline the Pyramid stage - just for the incongruous WAAAURGH of it really - and fate decrees it's this year. Oh well.

Rekcon you'll have a blast of course.
Unsung Forum Index