Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: Dayglo Maradonna
Jul 26, 2014, 16:20
HI DEN wrote:
Mrs Ahab wrote:
this has been slightly consuming me also now. I have almost come to the conclusion that none of the versions are possibly copey - except this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVkMJk5NKC8. Julian is a very good mimic, in quote from a book interview he said that that skin patrol sound like Orange Juice, and this just sounds like Julian being Edwyn all over to me. I have changed my mind backwards and forwards so many times, but there are just too many pointers, the voice the guitar right at this moment i feel sure its him. I dont think any of the others sound enough like him and its clearly the same voice on all of them- to me. Perhaps its just a wild goose chase and very funny blur on the realities thrown out by the book, Have i lost the plot or what - what what? WHat say you whaty lot? Or IS it just someone who sounds like Orange Juice - oh i dunno.

Hey!

I think it's julian on vocals at the "intro" of 'his' version of "Rock Section" and the vocals at the end are (thee very) same as on one of the "Skin Patrol" "Rock Section" demos. I've also got the "Colours Out Of Time''s "Rock Sekshon" as well as "OMFG"s (yeah! Haha!) "Heaven", both released on "Monsters In Orbit". I'm pretty sure they're "legit"...

Also re-reading Copendium last night, realized he'd included a track of their's in Postpunksampler:

"21. COLOURS OUT OF TIME – ‘As If In Another World’ (1981 John Peel Session)

Remember the Colours Out Of Time? Nere, nobody else does neither. Yet these poor sods from Crewe, in Cheshire, were several times close to getting somewhere had they not, every time, scuppered their own chances by changing their own metaphor and (accidentally) becoming a different band. I booked them to support The Teardrop Explodes at Liverpool’s Club Zoo on the strength of their first 7” single, a gigantic Detroit chasm of a riff-song with no noticeable IQ of its own. Then they turned up for the show and sounded like us, organ’n’all! ‘As In Another World’ sees the Colours Out Of Time in a When I Dream state-of-mind, soon after which they morphed yet again, this time into a transatlantic soundalike of those terrible Paisley Underground spewdo-psyche outfits."

So, the idea of using that track had probably been brewing for a while.

Unsung Forum Index