Register
Unsung Forum »
Zep Re-union?

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9572 posts

Zep Re-union?
Feb 19, 2013, 12:35
http://www.uncut.co.uk/led-zeppelin/robert-plant-hints-at-led-zeppelin-reunion-in-2014-news
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Edited Feb 19, 2013, 13:52
Re: Zep Re-union?
Feb 19, 2013, 13:51
It'd help shift a few of these new mooted remastered remasters (planned for end of 2013 - early 2014), wouldn't it? The big O2 reunion seemed to handily cooincide with the release of 'The Mothership', remember.
Piquiod
Piquiod
525 posts

Feb 19, 2013, 17:55
I hope to see the Sensational Space Shifters before this idea bears fruit...I'd been against the re-union for the reasons Robert was against it...But if he is on board, I will be there...I better check the funds in my "Emergency Led Zep Reunion bank acct"...Proximity is everything...I wanna be up close.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Feb 19, 2013, 18:50
Kid Calamity wrote:
It'd help shift a few of these new mooted remastered remasters (planned for end of 2013 - early 2014), wouldn't it? The big O2 reunion seemed to handily cooincide with the release of 'The Mothership', remember.

Also handily coincided with the fact it was a charity gig for the Ahmet Ertegun (he of Atlantic wot signed Zep) Education Fund which pays for Uni scholarships here in the UK, the US and Turkey.

Gah. Another time of tantalising will they or won't they. I must admit, I've always been inclined to the 'I'd rather they left it' corner cos there's no point if they're not all into it. But, if they DO want to do it and they can summon up the power of that performance on a tour...then....oooOOOOOoooh sh'yeah, yeaaaaAAAAH Squeeze mah lemon ...etc.
Mr Crowley
Mr Crowley
184 posts

Edited Feb 19, 2013, 21:21
Feb 19, 2013, 20:40
You do need to listen to the entire interview (especially the extra bits that didn't run at the time of the original interview) to put his comments into context

Yet again, he has deflected the blame for all things past and attempts to keep everybody hanging on in there. He has chosen to forget that both Jones and Page have recently said more about the situation, than he has, in the recent past

If his two solo albums do both surface this year (the Shape Shifters one and the Buddy Miller BOJ type thing), this 'will they, won't they' only serves to keep everyone hanging on in there and is only said, perish the thought, to support his upcoming solo stuff and is not, sadly, to be believed?

I'm glad I got to see the O2 as, I think, that was the end (Jones and Page have both said so). I was lucky to be at Knebworth also and would love there to be more but I think, unfortunately, this smacks at nothing more than self-promotion
Unsung Forum Index