30 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Texas Psych
Jan 20, 2013, 11:01
Stevo wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
It depends how deep in you want to wade.

Then there's the Conqueroo, an Austin band featuring Elevators co-writer Powell St.John, whose live act was, apparently, legendary enough to make them local heroes at the time - but who sadly only got it together to release one single, the marvellous "1 to 3"/"I've Got Time".

I don't think Powell St John was with the band very long. Don't think he's on any of the recordings I've heard.

Have hoped that the lp that came out on 5 Hours Back in the mid 80s would reappear since I only have it in Mp3 form and would love it in something better. Lp was called From The Vulcan gas co which was a famous Austin hippy venue. Music is like a more muscular/bluesy early Grateful Dead at least in its being heavily jammed psych stuff.

Stevo

Tried to find that LP in the NSA, but sadly it isn't there as the archive wasn't as well curated in terms of storing all new releases back in the 80s. I've been unable to find much info on how long Powell St.John was in the band, but he is on that one single they released according to AMG (although I realise AMG isn't always 100% infallible).
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index