30 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Texas Psych
Jan 16, 2013, 19:47
Popel Vooje wrote:
It depends how deep in you want to wade.

Then there's the Conqueroo, an Austin band featuring Elevators co-writer Powell St.John, whose live act was, apparently, legendary enough to make them local heroes at the time - but who sadly only got it together to release one single, the marvellous "1 to 3"/"I've Got Time".

I don't think Powell St John was with the band very long. Don't think he's on any of the recordings I've heard.

Have hoped that the lp that came out on 5 Hours Back in the mid 80s would reappear since I only have it in Mp3 form and would love it in something better. Lp was called From The Vulcan gas co which was a famous Austin hippy venue. Music is like a more muscular/bluesy early Grateful Dead at least in its being heavily jammed psych stuff.

I found an interview or article with an ex-member when I was asking questions about whether anybody else on this list was familiar with them a few years ago, so there may still be a link in the archives.
Would love to see a reissue or longer compilation of that material hopefully plus other stuff since newer media can hold longer durations than lps could.

Stevo
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index