Re: Wilko Johnson
Jan 22, 2013, 18:42
There's other dates being added
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Jan 24, 2013, 11:44
A petition: http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/stop-wilko-ticket-touts/

Personally, I'd like it to go as far as naming and shaming.
The Hidden Corner
The Hidden Corner
149 posts

Jan 24, 2013, 22:23
I agree with all of the above comments re those who are seeking to profiteer from Wilko's farewell gigs - these scumbags are really taking the whole touting thing to an all time low. I also wanted to thank those who have brought the gigs to the attention of fellow HH posters - the alerts for the final 10 March gig added in London meant that I was able to buy two tickets legitimately when they went on sale. Wilko's decision to forego chemo and use his last few months to rock n roll is a true inspiration. I'm sure the gigs will be emotional occasions for all that attend.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Jan 24, 2013, 22:45
I have had a look at the petition and there is general dismay at what has happened. There is not much which can be done legally at this moment as there seems to be the usual hue and cry when oversubscribed gigs become the focus of attention, but this is a particularly low blow when Wilko has made a bold gesture to nature. I don't think any tickets have been sent out yet as personal visitors at the Robin 2 box office were given a receipt.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Re: His last two dates without Feelgood
Jan 25, 2013, 00:17
Wilco added a third date at the Greystones as he loves Sheffield. Like the first two it has now sold out. Like the first two, I just couldn't bring myself to buy a ticket. I last saw him the best part of forty years ago, and thought that there were fans more avid than myself who deserved the chance to say farewell in such special intimate surroundings. I would be depriving one of them. Like Madness, I've liked him hugely but from afar, but never bought an album. I'm greatly upset by his news, but that's not good enough a reason to go in the circumstances. There are those that love. The thought that there may be people outside demanding huge sums from these people makes my blood boil. To call them scum is an insult to scum.
MARTASE
MARTASE
603 posts

Re: Wilko Johnson: Front Row Interview Tonight
Jan 25, 2013, 08:58
W.J interview tonight on BBC Radio 4 Front Row 7.15 pm. Preview this morning sounded wonderful: What an inspirational man!
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Jan 25, 2013, 10:13
I was never a Dr. Feelgood fan, but do own a couple of 7" singles. Lady Calamity caught them live in the 80s and was quite thrilled to see Wilko turn up onstage when we saw Ian Dury & The Blockheads support Madness for their comeback in Finsbury Park, back in 1994 (or whenever it was).

Like you Spencer, I feel a bit uncomfortable about getting a ticket for any of these shows, but am fuckin' incensed about these leeches touting the tickets. Hence the links and support to my friend's campaign to highlight it.
Bolox2
110 posts

Re: Wilko Johnson: Front Row Interview Tonight
Jan 25, 2013, 11:02
MARTASE wrote:
W.J interview tonight on BBC Radio 4 Front Row 7.15 pm. Preview this morning sounded wonderful: What an inspirational man!

He was great wasn't he. A good contrast to the recent emetic Bowie coverage on the same show.
wychburyman
951 posts

Jan 25, 2013, 15:46
Interesting interview here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21187740
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Jan 25, 2013, 16:44
It's something that deserves expletives