'An Electric Storm': WHITE NOISE

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

'An Electric Storm': WHITE NOISE
Oct 18, 2012, 09:52
Bloody hell!!!

It was Chris the keys' turn to drive last night - so we were treated once again to his choice of music in the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK9GM95oR1c

Being a head from a few years before I latched on, he has a wealth of older experimental head music, and dug out this absolute gem of a mindbender for our journey home.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Noise_%28band%29

I was familiar with the track 'Here Come The Fleas', as The Wonder Stuff used to use that as an intro track for their gigs, during the time I toured with them (1987-89). That barely prepares one for the sensory trip that this album takes the listener on, though.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Re: 'An Electric Storm': WHITE NOISE
Oct 18, 2012, 10:03
There's worse : ) Eee that takes me back. Say hi to Chris from me and my compliments on his infinite taste. (The youtube links from the vid can send you off down some interesting side alleys too)
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Oct 18, 2012, 10:21
You should've got Chris talking about the bands he's seen, over the years. He's still getting plenty of new stuff in, too. Tricky seems to be his main thing, at the moment - but he's seen Can, Hendrix, The Doors, Tyrannosaurus Rex...
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Oct 18, 2012, 10:38
its been there a while, but have a read of this if you like - http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/review/1143/
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Oct 18, 2012, 10:54
Ah...Thanks, Missus!
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Oct 18, 2012, 11:42
I'd be all in favour of another convivial muso eve and natter about our musical adventures with you two kindred spirits 'n well travelled pothead pixies if circs ever permit. How about picking his brains about current fave stuff and relaying them here? Genuinely interested.
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Oct 18, 2012, 11:59
Anyone heard the sequel, An Electric Storm 2? Obviously it can't be anywhere near the level of the original, but does it have any redeeming features?

It's amazing to think the extremely prim and proper Radiophonic Workshop crew were involved in this. I have a bit of a crush on Delia in a school ma'am way, so hopefully she contributed to the orgy field recording...
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Oct 18, 2012, 12:06
That's exactly what I was somehow picturing, as we hurtled along the A5.
caldervalium
caldervalium
516 posts

Oct 18, 2012, 12:25
Sin Agog wrote:
Anyone heard the sequel, An Electric Storm 2? Obviously it can't be anywhere near the level of the original, but does it have any redeeming features?

It's amazing to think the extremely prim and proper Radiophonic Workshop crew were involved in this. I have a bit of a crush on Delia in a school ma'am way, so hopefully she contributed to the orgy field recording...

White Noise 2 is one of the most disappointing followups ever imho - instrumental synth music, programmed on an early computer. Okay in its own way, but nothing like the Electric Storm elpee. I'd recommend the track 'Silence Is Requested (In The Ultimate Abyss)' which dates from around the same time as the first album, and was done in collaboration with Welfare State theatre company (search the blogs and you should find it) - also Vorhaus's work on Lady June's 'Linguistic Leprosy' album.
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Oct 18, 2012, 12:46
Well, for a start we've enjoyed some of the bonkers bands we've done festivals with - and acquired their CDs, here and there. Bands like Bubble Dubble, A.P.a.T.t. and Aurora.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index