Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 19 August 2012 CE

26 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 19 August 2012 CE
Aug 19, 2012, 21:35
I didn't know about the Spirit Rainbow album, Ian. I was there. Will try not to go too overboard about that night, suffice to say that I still have my ticket. What's the sound quality/vibe like? I have the Spirit Live vinyl on Illegal Records which I got when it came out fairly soon after the gig, and also Made In Germany. Neither of them do justice to that night to my ears..have always wanted something that does. The Rainbow's manager told them that because of the overrun unless they stopped playing he'd turn off the power, whereupon Randy invited the audience back to their hotel, the Metropole, to carry on the gig. One of my biggest musical regrets is not going, choosing to go back to Kingston with my mates, who didn't want to miss the last train. It was one of 'those' nights the memory of which I'll always treasure. I also have West Coast Legends Vol 3, the cd of the oft seen on OGWT Rockpalast gig, which came out last year. Hate to say it, but it's left me flat, to the point that I'm probably going to get shot of it. The audio quality's fine, so I guess it's me and the time that's passed since.. I really want to hear the Rainbow gig that I hold dear in my memory, and don't want to be disappointed again.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index