Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Edited Aug 06, 2012, 23:31
Re: Top ten worst ever rock ballads
Aug 06, 2012, 23:12
stray wrote:
Um... surely it would be less time consuming to list the 'not that bad' rock ballads, as they're all fundamentally terrible what with it being such a ridiculous musical form. ;)

Agreed. Ten of my favourites, none of which are guilty pleasures but all are ridiculous:

Free - Oh I wept. Perhaps the greatest rock ballad ever.

Judas Priest - Last Rose of Summer, Here Come The Tears. Hysterically over the top. Both off Sin After Sin.

Jethro Tull - Slow Marching Band. One of my many "been dumped" songs.

Bloodrock - Fantastic Piece Of Architecture. The craziest thing ever committed to vinyl or whatever. I have no idea what they were thinking of.

Ted Nugent - Together. Off the fantastic Free For All.

Ursa Major - In My Darkest Hour. If Dick Wagner was from Britain he would have to of changed his name and the world would of been a poorer place. One of those "subtle" songs totally lacking subtlety. This is so awesome I have to put a link in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3TkweW7JU4

Now many of you have a new "most hated song ever".

Whitesnake - Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City. So there.

Fleetwood Mac - Landslide.

Budgie - Parents.

Edit - Landslide, on reflection, is just a good song and not hysterical enough (in the literal sense) for the company I have put it in. So scratch that and I'll have Husker Du and Hardly Getting Over It/Too Far Down because good songs etc but Bob really needs a slap.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index