32 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bauheed
bauheed
895 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 15 July 2012 CE
Jul 18, 2012, 11:54
spencer wrote:
1) Lead Us Not Into Temptation - David Byrne ..... Sometimes you can get tripped up by other records and put good albums to one side, meaning to return .. and then forget them. Happened with this. It's the soundtrack for the film Young Adam, where Byrne is joined by various Scottish luminaries from the Delgados, Belle and Sebastian and Mogwai. The film is nihilistic and amoral and David captured and complimented it beautifully; it's predominantly instrumental and strings based, with discrete guitar fx and keyboards, and drifts along without a single duff moment. The best soundtrack album I own, and is worth buying just for the track titles, eg. Body in the River, Seaside Smokes, Sex on the Docks, Warm Sheets, Dirty Hair and Bastard. Cant recommend it highly enough; and I didn't play it for four years.

Great choice! I love this album. The final track "The Great Western Road" is brilliant. Also features the excellent Hung Drawn Quartet doing Charles Mingus's Haitian Fight Song, which was used over the rather messy sex scene in the film.

The film is very good too.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index