mingtp wrote:
Lovin' this so far.

Tell us more!
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Psychedelic Revolution
Feb 09, 2012, 12:47
only managed to hear the first four tracks before leaving for work this morning. Sounds great...but is that bloody 30" bass really the only drum on it?
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Feb 09, 2012, 13:00
Feb 09, 2012, 12:52
necropolist wrote:
only managed to hear the first four tracks before leaving for work this morning. Sounds great...but is that bloody 30" bass really the only drum on it?

Oh god, please be wrong. I can't stand the sound of a marching bands and especially those bloody bass drums. Even the Potemkin Village People need to swing something other than their arms. Bring back Folk with an umlaut and Fonk with an Ø!
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Feb 09, 2012, 12:54
IanB wrote:
necropolist wrote:

Oh god, please be wrong. I can't stand the sound of a marching band bass drum. Even the Potemkin Village People need to swing something other than their arms.

Don't panic Ian. Yes, that big drum is there but so are really strong tunes.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Feb 09, 2012, 13:01
Feb 09, 2012, 12:57
mingtp wrote:
IanB wrote:
necropolist wrote:

Oh god, please be wrong. I can't stand the sound of a marching band bass drum. Even the Potemkin Village People need to swing something other than their arms.

Don't panic Ian. Yes, that big drum is there but so are really strong tunes.

Oh good! But does it swing? The problem with revolutionary hymns and (totalitarian anthems for that matter) is that they are so four square.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Feb 09, 2012, 13:02
IanB wrote:
Oh good! But does it swing? The problem with revolutionary hymns and (toralitarian anthems for that matter) is that they are so four square.

To quote Monster Magnet; it swings like God's own dick.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Feb 09, 2012, 13:17
mingtp wrote:
IanB wrote:
Oh good! But does it swing? The problem with revolutionary hymns and (toralitarian anthems for that matter) is that they are so four square.

To quote Monster Magnet; it swings like God's own dick.

Or Cerne Abbas even!
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Feb 09, 2012, 18:52
Feb 09, 2012, 18:23
I hate to be ungracious when the artist is the host of such a fine web site and hence provides the meeting point for this community of fellow travelers but surely I am not the only person listening to this record and shaking with laughter at some of it? Buy Folk The Banks instead would be my advice. Better sleeve too as it happens if you want to have something that Occupies your record collection. Sorry but to my mind he is simply much better (a pop genius in fact) with metaphysics than with geopolitics.
Pages: 27 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index