Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Marker
Marker
25 posts

Edited Jan 03, 2012, 09:17
Re: Barney Bubbles documentary
Jan 03, 2012, 09:13
Deepinder Cheema wrote:
Paul Gorman quote "I was refused a preview copy... No mention was made of my book, exhibition or this blog. The exclusion of the latter three projects feels clunky even from an objective P.O.V. (as confirmed by a number of supportive messages)".

It just sounds like a bruised ego... and where's the proof that those supportive messages (from friends and acquaintances presumably) were objective anyway; that's spin.

My opinion is that there was no need for Mark Hodkinson to furnish anyone with preview copies of his Radio 4 documentary, particularly given that the person requesting one isn't an important media figure who needs to work ahead of time on reviews (or is needed for advance promotional purposes). I also can't see why Mark should have mentioned those three projects either. When I watch or listen to a documentary about any artist, unless there is a really important point to make, they do not say 'Oh... and this person has done this in the past, and this person did this in the past...'. To do so would have made it 'clunky'. Essentially what Mark did do was let the first person testimonial flow, with a level of intimacy never previously made public. Barney Bubbles is, after all, where the focus of discussion should be.

The Daily Telegraph have written a review (scroll down near bottom): http://tinyurl.com/7ruhgpu

Unsung Forum Index