33 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 27 November 2011 CE
Nov 27, 2011, 19:40
Two Lone Swordsmen - Wrong Meeting
Been slightly obsessed with this 'rockabilly electro' album this week, must have played it about 20 times or so, fav' tracks are 'Rattlesnake Daddy', 'Wrong Meeting' and 'Puritan Fist'. Bit of a departure from other Two Lone Swordsmen stuff, being almost a proper band and not so much dance inflected.

Julian Cope - Jehovahkill & Peggy Deluxe
Along with Autogeddon, possibly my favourite Cope releases. Good to hear Jehovahkill, not played it in an age. It really is a rather special record.

The Fall - Ersatz GB
Loving this, best thing since, well, the last one. 'Monocard' is an 8 minute epic and loving the mucho punk riffage. Hell, one track even has a Joy Div' 'These Days' style riff.

Glaxo Babies - Pu Me On The Guest List
This has had a spin almost once a week all year, since rediscovering them last year they've been a permanent fixture on me deck.

Charlotte Gainsbourgh - 5.55
Intelligent pop from iffy actress. Think Jarvis had something to do with this record, and it shows. Great musical compositions and interesting lyrics all delivered in a cut glass sung/spoke manor. Ooooh, I love them posh birds!

A.R.E. Weapons - S/T
Love these guys. If you could imagine early Ministry with Suicides electro chops, all delivered with an Electric Eels petulance your in the right ball park. They even make the crappy lyrics listenable.

Prince Rama - Trust Now
More hindu electro drone yodeling from a pair of San Fran goofsters. Find this strangely uplifting, and they've deffo upped the Asian swami beats.

The Rolling Stones - Brussels Affair 1973
Great sound quality on this remastered version. Particularly love the epic 'Midnight Rambler' version on here

Gary Clail - Tackhead Tape Time
Dug this out from the dusty depths and it surprised me to find it still sounds pretty darn good! What's My Mission and Hard Left are probab;;y the standouts, but the messages contained within are still a relevant today as hey were 20+ years ago.

XTC - Explode Together - The Dub Experiments 78-80
Love this quirky little beauty. Not something you'd expect from XTC, though to be fair I think it's mostly the work of Andy Partridge. Still, one of the more interesting 'remix' efforts with respect to GO+.

The Pop Group - We Are Time
Nice collection of versions and Live from 1980 (I think?)

Have a good week y'all!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index