Unsung Forum »
"But you wouldn't go up on The Downs with him..."

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
BillinBucks
3 posts

"But you wouldn't go up on The Downs with him..."
Oct 13, 2011, 21:34
Dear Friends,
About a decade and a half ago, I used to drive down to Cornwall with a Julian Cope cassette. I think it was a mini-album. One of the tracks (mainly spoken word) featured the line "...but you wouldn't go up on the downs with him." Can anyone tell me what it was? I'd really like to hear it again, but can't seem to find it anywhere.
Ithangew,
BX
Kosmischeboy
Kosmischeboy
664 posts

Re:
Oct 13, 2011, 22:53
Did it also involve the tale of buying a second hand synthesiser? I think it might be from the I Come From Another Planet ep....
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re:
Oct 13, 2011, 23:13
This 'un?

http://www.discogs.com/Julian-Cope-I-Come-From-Another-Planet-Baby/release/1255288
keefus
keefus
239 posts

Re:
Oct 14, 2011, 11:25
More likely to be this version…

http://www.discogs.com/Julian-Cope-Ambulence-Wessex-Post-Ambient-Therapy-Music-1/release/464386
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re:
Oct 14, 2011, 11:37
THIRTY TWO QUID!??!
mr sulcus
mr sulcus
399 posts

Re:
Oct 14, 2011, 13:45
"Wouldn't it be great if the orb all wore lipstick"

The song you're after is "if I could do it all over again, I'd do it all over you" from, as has been suggested the I come from another planet single. Not the ambulence version though. It turns up in second hand places and ebay every now and then.
BillinBucks
3 posts

Re:
Oct 15, 2011, 09:29
mr sulcus wrote:
"Wouldn't it be great if the orb all wore lipstick"

The song you're after is "if I could do it all over again, I'd do it all over you" from, as has been suggested the I come from another planet single. Not the ambulence version though. It turns up in second hand places and ebay every now and then.

Thanks to everyone for their help on this one. It probably won't be as good as I've built it up in my head to be. But then to really recreate the experience I'd have to be in a smoke-filled rusty Renault 11 GTL on the A303. The planets are, alas, rarely aligned like that for me these days. Selah.
Unsung Forum Index