Thighpaulsandra

13 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2380 posts

Re: Thighpaulsandra
May 22, 2011, 12:02
Yeah, I was aware of the 'Wounded Galaxies...' release but never picked it up. Think I may have to remedy than now as it's jam packed full of old Coil acolytes.
The only Cyclobe release i have is 'The Visitors', which isn't bad, but I do have to be in the mood to listen to dig it out. 'Wounded Galaxies...' sounds like it was inspired by a Coil lyric/song from when they were playing live, the song itself being a tribute to William Burroughs if memory serves. Certainly remember them playing it at one of the Barbican shows in the early 00's. I miss Coil(and Thipe' too).
I did find a live boot of a Thipe show in Dublinsomewhere, but can't for the life remember where. Was a great show from about the time of Double Vulgar II as I recall.

Last Thipe' release i really loved was the soundtrack, sadly limited to 500 copies 'The Lepore Extrusion'. A great worm of a record in turns dronelike and inner looking, and at others layered sounds and sheebeen skronks, I think it hangs together pretty well, great for late night journeys, if you catch my drift. It's unavailable now, and because of this, I posted it recently on my blog if you fancy a listen.

http://soundmirrors.blogspot.com/2011/05/john-dee-documentary-with-coil.html

Unsung Forum Index