Thighpaulsandra

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Bilious Drummond
Bilious Drummond
78 posts

Thighpaulsandra
May 18, 2011, 23:18
Anyone know what's going on in Thighpaulsandra land these days?
Cock-a-Doodle
803 posts

Re: Thighpaulsandra
May 19, 2011, 00:15
It's odd, from the early 00's up until 4 years ago, he really was quite prolific and since that time....zilch! I, Thighpaulsandra is a belter, but my favourite of his albums is Chamber Music.
Seppooku
Seppooku
2 posts

May 19, 2011, 04:18
The last time I heard him was on "Wounded Galaxies Tap at the Window" by Cyclobe, released towards the end of 2010. It has been overlooked by most people, or at least I have never seen more than a handful of people discussing it, which is a shame - it features Ossian Brown, Stephen Thrower, Thighpaulsandra, Cliff Stapleton and Mike York, which should be enough to induce mad enthusiasm into any Coil fan.

I'd love to hear a new solo album by Thighpaulsandra, but more collaborations with Cyclobe would be just as good.
ToneStone
ToneStone
1768 posts

May 19, 2011, 04:32
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclobe
Bilious Drummond
Bilious Drummond
78 posts

May 19, 2011, 09:02
Thanks will check this one out
Vomitflowers
6 posts

May 21, 2011, 17:07
There should hopefully be a new Thighpaulsandra album out sometime this coming Autumn. I believe there is a festival date sometime around then in Poland as well.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2380 posts

May 22, 2011, 12:02
Yeah, I was aware of the 'Wounded Galaxies...' release but never picked it up. Think I may have to remedy than now as it's jam packed full of old Coil acolytes.
The only Cyclobe release i have is 'The Visitors', which isn't bad, but I do have to be in the mood to listen to dig it out. 'Wounded Galaxies...' sounds like it was inspired by a Coil lyric/song from when they were playing live, the song itself being a tribute to William Burroughs if memory serves. Certainly remember them playing it at one of the Barbican shows in the early 00's. I miss Coil(and Thipe' too).
I did find a live boot of a Thipe show in Dublinsomewhere, but can't for the life remember where. Was a great show from about the time of Double Vulgar II as I recall.

Last Thipe' release i really loved was the soundtrack, sadly limited to 500 copies 'The Lepore Extrusion'. A great worm of a record in turns dronelike and inner looking, and at others layered sounds and sheebeen skronks, I think it hangs together pretty well, great for late night journeys, if you catch my drift. It's unavailable now, and because of this, I posted it recently on my blog if you fancy a listen.

http://soundmirrors.blogspot.com/2011/05/john-dee-documentary-with-coil.html
stray
stray
2057 posts

May 22, 2011, 17:55
Was playing there collab with NWW today, Angry Eelectric finger Vol. 2 (there on Vol 1 as well apparently, as is Jim O rourke, but I haven't heard it), it's very, very good. I like 'Wounded Galaxies' a lot, especially those string sounds, but I still reckon I prefer the NWW release.
ilovarech
82 posts

May 24, 2011, 20:34
Thanks and Thanks : http://soundmirrors.blogspot.com/2011/05/julian-cope-royal-festival-hall-21-01.html
Buck Flair
Buck Flair
796 posts

Oct 08, 2011, 21:37
Any news of the new release? Just been listening to I Thighpaulsandra for the first time which seems like a couple of years
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index