70 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 10th October 2010 CE
Oct 10, 2010, 20:57
mingtp wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
Metallica – S/t dug this to see if still cared and found much to my surprise that I enjoyed it muchly, going to try St Anger this week, I doubt that will be as much fun
Ref compression wars - listen to this and Death Magnetic to see that listening habits have changed in the last 20 years.

Dude, avoid St. Anger like the plague unless you've already got it - the single most poorly produced album in my entire collection. When I first heard it I thought my CD was faulty. Did you know it's the most returned album in history?

RE: Compression Wars - Death Magnetic is immense but you can clearly hear the distortion where Lars or whoever has said "make it even louder... great, but can it go any louder?... just a smidge louder...". My mate Dave told me there's apparently an online petition of 20,000+ signatories asking Metallica to remaster it. Great, great album though.

Already have St Anger, can't recall the production being bad, but the songs are pretty piss poor IIRC I have a promo copy I picked up for 99p so I can't really complain

Death Magnetic is unlistenable, the Iggy remix of Raw Power is MOR compared to DM, it justs batters you senseless after a couple of tunes, its like chewing silver paper. I know it's not very metal but I'd sign a petition to turn it down.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index