Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

Edited Oct 11, 2010, 12:07
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 10th October 2010 CE
Oct 11, 2010, 12:05
The Earth That You Walk, Today I Died Again, Broken Glass Park, What Goes On, Some One have been done and promises to keep on doing rare Simple Minds. As for Simple Minds a re-mix compilation album with at least two new tracks will be out next year, their next studio album (number 16) coming out during 2012.

p.s. this is the electroset version of Lostboy, not band format, if you want I'll stick the Hamburg concert up here.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Oct 11, 2010, 13:26
our musical tastes may not cross over much, but I do enjoy reading your reviews AQK. thanks!
ToneStone
ToneStone
1768 posts

Oct 11, 2010, 13:29
Oneohtrix Point Never GOOD CALL

You may like this done by a friend :

http://www.bosbos.net/2010/05/17/bosbos-sick-trix-an-introduction-to-oneohtrix-point-never/
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Oct 11, 2010, 13:38
Interesting, cheers! Those OPN CDs have been stuck in the player these last few weeks, good stuff.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Oct 11, 2010, 14:03
Thank you. Must remember and do this of a Monday morning more. Got me warmed up and actually getting some work done. Usually that doesn't happen until Tuesday. Lunchtime
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

Oct 11, 2010, 16:24
Just found out, the Empires and Dance album will be visited during this tour.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Edited Oct 11, 2010, 17:32
Oct 11, 2010, 17:32
machineryelf wrote:
Neil Young – Le Noise after initial doubts about this, thinking it was all a bit worthy but dull, this has grown on me a great deal and it’s getting repeated listens now, yet another classic to add to his canon

After hearing the preview track, I admit my hopes were WAY up -- could this be another landmark comeback, like "Rust Never Sleeps" (1979) and "Freedom" (1989) and his string of classics from ten years ago ("Silver & Gold" and "Greendale" were my faves, but I guess the "Prairie" album was the big seller). . . . ?????

But first listening to the whole thing and I got that "a bit dull" vibe too. So glad to hear the "growing a great deal" bit . . . need to listen more obviously . . . think it's already a big step up from the "10 songs about my car" album though. :-)
machineryelf
3681 posts

Oct 11, 2010, 19:40
Dog 3000 wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
Neil Young – Le Noise after initial doubts about this, thinking it was all a bit worthy but dull, this has grown on me a great deal and it’s getting repeated listens now, yet another classic to add to his canon

After hearing the preview track, I admit my hopes were WAY up -- could this be another landmark comeback, like "Rust Never Sleeps" (1979) and "Freedom" (1989) and his string of classics from ten years ago ("Silver & Gold" and "Greendale" were my faves, but I guess the "Prairie" album was the big seller). . . . ?????

But first listening to the whole thing and I got that "a bit dull" vibe too. So glad to hear the "growing a great deal" bit . . . need to listen more obviously . . . think it's already a big step up from the "10 songs about my car" album though. :-)

It's a grower for sure, after initial listens the thing that stood out the most were a couple of really clunky lyrics and a feeling that he had done this a lot better on the Dead Man soundtrack. But listening more you start taking in the background and all the echoes, glitches and stutters, I'm glad I stuck with it, worth making that effort to take it all in.
rojo
rojo
433 posts

Oct 11, 2010, 21:06
cool...please post any links to recorded shows
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Oct 11, 2010, 21:22
All ipod this week, on account of being away:

The Skids - "Sweet Suburbia"
The Rezillos - "Can't Stand My Baby"

Simple Minds - Empires and Dance; Real to Reel Cacophony; Sons & Fascination
Josef K - Young & Stupid
Orange Juice - The Glasgow School; You Can't Hide Your Love Forever
Altered Images - "A Day's Wait"
Aztec Camera - "Mattress of Wire"; High Land, Hard Rain
Scars - Author! Author!
The Wake - Harmony; "Of The Matter"
Cocteau Twins - Head Over Heels
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
Jesus & Mary Chain - Psychocandy; 21 Singles; bits of The Power of Negative Thinking

Prolapse - Pointless Walks To Dismal Places
The Delgados - Peloton and various singles

Franz Ferdinand - Darts of Pleasure EP; Franz Ferdinand
Edwyn Collins - Home Again
Sons & Daughters - "Johnny Cash"; Darling EP
Robin Guthrie - Angel Falls EP
Paul Haig - Relive

Emma Pollock - The Law of Large Numbers
Edwyn Collins - Losing Sleep
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index