The Coral - they have a new album!

33 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Kilgore Trout
95 posts

Re: The Coral - they have a new album!
Aug 06, 2010, 15:21
Andfurthermoreagain wrote:
Apparently he's preparing an album for Domino records as we speak. It's funny really, I just kinda get a Barrett/Green/Skip Spence vibe from the way the band talk about him in interviews (or rather what they 'don't say') - its all a bit guarded really. Read an interview with him recently where he came accross as eloquent and artistic but fairly shy, insular and a little nervous about his creativity or rather the thought of it being publicly exposed. Also, when the phrase 'nervous exhaustion' is used to describe someone's departure from a band, its usually a polite euphemism.

Although i think their recorded output has been a bit mixed (though occassionally brilliant), i do feel sort of protective of The Coral - Bill lives about 5 minutes drive away from me plus the school they met at is about 3 minutes walk away, so they feel a bit like THE 'local' band. Nice to know someone so close to home is making some pretty great music.

It's funny really, he does come across as introverted in interviews these days, but a friend of a friend was in his class at school and said he was more than a bit, erm, 'boisterous'!

We like to imagine such guys have gone one trip too far a la Barrett/Spence etc and are now floating out in orbit, but the myth's often rather more glamourous than the reality. Anyway, i hope he's doing alright.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index