mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Wovenhand - The Threshingfloor
Jun 21, 2010, 12:22
Totally marvellous!

Amazon

Myspace

For fans of Danielson, Spear of Destiny and anything dark and gothy. Supporting Tool (!) in the US.

Highly recommended.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Edited Jun 21, 2010, 14:03
Re: Wovenhand - The Threshingfloor
Jun 21, 2010, 13:58
Never really listened to them. DEE has always left me cold. Practiacally every 16 Horsepower track I've heard (and god knows I've seriously tried with them) has left me disappointed. So, didn't really feel any desire to investigate this lot. Much to the chagrin of a lot of friends who rate pretty much all the Denver stuff.

Know I weas sent a copy fo this. Will dig it out.
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Jun 26, 2010, 10:50
anthonyqkiernan wrote:
Know I weas sent a copy fo this. Will dig it out.

Any luck finding it? It's a cracker.
WhiteHills
48 posts

Jun 26, 2010, 17:24
i have to agree...and live they are spellbinding!
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Jun 27, 2010, 11:22
I started buying their back catalogue because I liked their new one so much. And guess what? They're all bloody brilliant!

After your post I'm reticent to take a punt on 16 Horsepower though. Can anyone recommend the best place to start with them?
1001realapes
1001realapes
2390 posts

Edited Jul 30, 2012, 00:55
Jul 30, 2012, 00:53
mingtp wrote:
I started buying their back catalogue because I liked their new one so much. And guess what? They're all bloody brilliant!

After your post I'm reticent to take a punt on 16 Horsepower though. Can anyone recommend the best place to start with them?

Secret South is their best IMHO

Low Estate's dang good too
mingtp
mingtp
2270 posts

Jul 30, 2012, 01:15
Thanks man.
vince
vince
1628 posts

Jul 31, 2012, 06:57
1001realapes wrote:
mingtp wrote:

Secret South is their best IMHO

Low Estate's dang good too

Seconded. And their version of Joy Division's 'Day Of The Lords' is extraordinary enough to almost eclipse the original.

Incidentally, I know that there are a few Crime & The City Solution afficianados here so you'll appreciate the news that Simon Bonney has reformed Crime around original(ish) members Alex Hacke (Neubauten) and his wife Bronwyn. New members are David Eugene Edwards (16HP/Woven Hand) on guitar and Jim White on drums. Due to announce a world tour next Tuesday and a new album for Mute in the can :-)
Unsung Forum Index