79 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: The Moody Blues
Feb 05, 2010, 11:07
Lonesome Cowboy Bill wrote:
I wished I'd been about 18+ around the psychedelic era, soaking up the vibes and feeding my head. Had to wait til 1972 before I popped out, year of Exile On Main St which prob says a lot about some of my tastes. On the plus side I was ripe for the rave and dance era and that whole new summer of love scene.....(see the quotes about the Orb on the 'psychedelic record' thread)

always kind of thought that myself, but the drawbacks of living in the era without half the modern conveniences (like nightbuses, internet, mobile phones, videos or whatever media you enjoy the nostalgia through)kind of tempers that.

Was thinking about that a couple of months back when I picked up the 1964 Folk Routes, New Roots. Would be nice to be back there hearing this for the first time, but then you'd have to deal with being ignorant of half the rest of the stuff you really like, plus living in a far more primitive environment.

So thought experiment possibly, real life experience nah. think having the convenience of a time machine to pop you back to individual points'd be far better :-)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index