Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 15 November 2009 CE

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 15 November 2009 CE
Nov 16, 2009, 21:13
there was a reunion a couple of years back that I got a dvd from. not really watched it though.
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Nov 16, 2009, 21:16
Adverts Of Our Lives w/e 15 November 2009 CE
Nov 16, 2009, 21:14
I've been spending time away from the PC upstairs. (I've been using a laptop downstairs instead!)

So I don't have my music collection, but I have had a telly on in the same room, and a couple of bits of music caught my ear. Both of them came from adverts. It was fairly easy to track them down on google. The first was Into Dust by Mazzy Star. The second was a version of Sweet Child of Mine by Taken By Trees

I got a couple of Mazzy Star albums from itunes as a result, having never heard them before. Bland MOR AOR or ethereal beauty? I'm not sure which at the moment. I'm enjoying them in small doses, but if they were all I had I'd probably go read a book instead.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Nov 16, 2009, 21:30
dave clarkson wrote:
"Durutti Column - A Paean To Wilson"

...just got that through from Phil Cleaver this weekend. Great album and nice packaging too. The bonus disc is a treat as I lost the downloads of Heaven Sent a few years ago and have been trying to get hold of it for a while.

8)

I think it's terrific, and the live version in London was pretty special. Generally I have preferred the Kooky releases to the Artful ones - it's amazing how many albums they've done during the last decade (possibly more than the Fall!!).
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Nov 16, 2009, 21:33
thesweetcheat wrote:
dave clarkson wrote:
"Durutti Column - A Paean To Wilson"

...just got that through from Phil Cleaver this weekend. Great album and nice packaging too. The bonus disc is a treat as I lost the downloads of Heaven Sent a few years ago and have been trying to get hold of it for a while.

8)

I think it's terrific, and the live version in London was pretty special. Generally I have preferred the Kooky releases to the Artful ones - it's amazing how many albums they've done during the last decade (possibly more than the Fall!!).

Having said that, Someone Else's Party and Keep Breathing are terrific albums, both on Artful. So I'm talking bollocks!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Nov 16, 2009, 21:35
a23 wrote:
Pere Ubu - The Hearpen Singles- these 4 45s are all the Ubu I need, fantastic stuff

Quality stuff. Pre-post-punk, if a made up label is needed. I have these in a 4 x 7" box thing that came out in the 90s, great sound.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Nov 16, 2009, 21:37
machineryelf wrote:
Fatima Mansions-Lost In The Former West

Criminally ignored genius, this album. Especially "Popemobile to Paraguay", the only former-Nazis-assisted-by-Catholic-church song you really need.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Nov 16, 2009, 21:39
dave clarkson wrote:
Sakamoto/ Noto - Insen 1 and 2

Any cop, this?
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Edited Nov 16, 2009, 22:20
Nov 16, 2009, 22:12
...yeah Keep Breathing is a great album.
Variations of the stuff on that album can be heard on this DVD..
http://www.cerysmaticfactory.info/durutti_andrea_zapp_media_art_project.html
I was lucky enough to have my own music included as background to the special features bonus stuff on the disc.

8)
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Nov 16, 2009, 22:18
It got a bit of a roasting in the press but I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn9ax8B5SEg&feature=related

8)
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6216 posts

Nov 16, 2009, 22:22
dave clarkson wrote:
...yeah Keep Breathing is a great album.
Variations of the stuff on that album can be heard on this DVD..
http://www.cerysmaticfactory.info/durutti_andrea_zapp_media_art_project.html
I was lucky enough to have my own music included as background to the special features bonus stuff on the disc.

8)

Wow! Top man.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index