Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 26 July 2009 CE

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 26 July 2009 CE
Jul 27, 2009, 13:46
8^)

I initially read your first on the list as 'Camel' which caused me all sorts of confusion I can tell you.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jul 27, 2009, 13:55
Half past four.
a23
a23
1004 posts

Jul 27, 2009, 14:13
laresident wrote:
Beach walking to Mark Fry’s 1972 Dreaming with Alice. Mostly a nice Amon Duul 1 type jam, acoustic songs that would inspire Mojave 3’s Neil Halstead some thirty years later and a bit of weird electronica. Not at all bad for a summer spin.

I think Dreaming with Alice is a cracker of a record. One of my faves
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Jul 27, 2009, 14:22
Moon Cat wrote:
8^)

I initially read your first on the list as 'Camel' which caused me all sorts of confusion I can tell you.

I think you would really like that record though the idea of Camel playing the LMC (or Club For Heroes for that matter) is pretty amusing. Coincidentally Camel got a touch of the Enos as well on one album.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jul 27, 2009, 14:26
I've got a Carmel 'best of' on vinyl from about a million years ago which I enjoy giving a spin now and then. Didn't they have a sort of hit? 'Bad Day' was it?

ps Everytime I get that album out I'm always struck by Carmel's striking resemblance to a certain Ms. Ciccone on the sleeve. Well, back then anyway.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Jul 27, 2009, 19:14
Jul 27, 2009, 14:58
IanB wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
8^)

I think you would really like that record though the idea of Camel playing the LMC (or Club For Heroes for that matter) is pretty amusing. Coincidentally Camel got a touch of the Enos as well on one album.

The hit from this one was Sally though from what I remember the other albums were more Swing Out Sister than Ann Peebles. This is the one that stuck with me anyhoo. I liked them back then because I was a terrible jazz snob and they were more the real deal than Blue Rondo, Animal Nightlife or Havana Lets Go. Which wasn't hard. She had a belting voice and the band could actually play which was uncommon in that era when dressing up was more important than anything else. Think of them as an Art School EBTG!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Jul 27, 2009, 19:21
dave clarkson wrote:
New Order - live at platos ballroom, liverpool 81

This something shareable Dave?
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Jul 27, 2009, 20:12
http://joydivision-neworder.blogspot.com/2009_02_01_archive.html

8)
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Jul 27, 2009, 20:35
:-O

Speechless. Thank you, my evening just improved immensely!
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Edited Jul 28, 2009, 11:16
Jul 28, 2009, 10:35
BLACK SHEEP - KMSA CD - Works for me on the MP3 player when out and about, whether in town or country, less so in the comfort of a tidy living room ( guess it's an ambience thang ).

V/A - Cornucopea - Passed me by back in the day, which is a bit of a shame. The Doctors Of Madness track sounds vaguely familiar though.

V/A - Africa Rising - Tasty Mojo freebie played lots in the last week.

BOWIE - Diamond Dogs / Station To Station ( title track and Stay ) - Chubby Pink Prole listens to the Thin White Duke and rather enjoys it.

WHITE HILLS - A Little Bliss Forever ( 2nd pressing ) - Two side long slabs of spacey grooviness, impossible not to like then.

PINK MOUNTAINTOPS - Outside love - First impressions favourable but then i'm a bit of a fan of Mr McBean. Hasn't quite grabbed me the way Axis Of Evol did, mind.

SOUNDTRACK OF OUR LIVES - Welcome To The Infant Freebass - Fantastic live band playing London next month so time for some (re)familiarisation.

SUNN 0))) / PANASONIC - Che - Not familiar with Panasonic but this seems like 95% Sunn, great version, love it !

Haven't been getting out much of late so looking forward to Saturday's Burst Couch in Manchester

Have a good week Heads,

Mark x
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index