Michael Jackson's dead

75 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1707 posts

Re: Michael Jackson's dead
Jun 26, 2009, 12:10
First of all, he was undeniably extremely talented.
Secondly, he was hugely culturally important and influential.
Thirdly, he was incredibly fucked up.

I dunno. Sky and Steven Wells have me more upset. Jackson dying is one of those crazy sociological phenomenons like Diana's death. I see that it's a big thing but it doesn't touch me personally. I remember when Diana died, it was just a few weeks after Burroughs. We lost one of ours, they lost one of theirs, a friend said. This seems similar, with Sky Saxon.

I don't know if he was a child abuser or not- as a journalist, I did research it a few years ago and although he's officially innocent, the evidence to me looked pretty damning, and I really wanted him to be genuinely innocent- but I have to admit that I'm more interested in him because he was a crazy freak than I would be if he'd been a wholesome pop performer. The only records of his I own are a couple of Jackson 5 singles, but you can't just dismiss him with a sick joke.

Odd that it should happen at the start of Glastonbury Weekend- back in the days when going to Glasto meant that you really were cut off from the outside world for 4 days, this would be one of those rumours that would sweep the site and no-one would know if it were true. These days- well. I wonder who'll be the first band to slip in a cover as a tribute?

Personally I'd like to hear Neil Young do a medley of 'Billie Jean' and 'Can't Seem To Make You Mine.'
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index