"I've got one of those"

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

"I've got one of those"
Mar 03, 2009, 23:57
This was a topic i heard on a radio show a while back that i liked. What items of rock'n'roll memorabilia do you own, that were actually owned by the band/member. Maybe you bought it or caught it at a gig or whatever, wacha got and where can i get one?

I've got a wooden kit box that was part of the pink fairies stage gear. And julian presented me with the bloody end of the mike stand at the brain donor gig, the one responsable for the photos in dark orgasm, oh and one of his picks.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Re:
Mar 04, 2009, 00:06
I was at Frank Zappa's last gig June 9 1988 (although none of knew that at the time) in Genoa - I'd met him earlier whilst in Rome, and saw him after the gig. He left his Notepad (price on the back - $0.69) and there was the set list and 3 earlier attempts in his distinctive scrawl. Also of note he had written the then mafia Murdoch Silvio Berlusconi on the inside cover.

I read a year later in his autobiography that Italian TV wanted him to write the music for the FIFA futbol Italia 1990, he gave them Dio Fa - God is a Liar, which seems to have been rejected in favour of the 3 tenors.

Duncan Sanderson of the Pink Finks has my whirlwind guitar lead.
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

Edited Mar 04, 2009, 00:23
Re:
Mar 04, 2009, 00:21
I have an old yellow tweed Fender guitar case which was once a posession of Billy Gibbons'.
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Re:
Mar 04, 2009, 00:34
I have one of Copey's promotional toy cars, does that count?

Joolio
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Re:
Mar 04, 2009, 05:31
Oh goody, I get to share one of my favourite true stories that happened to me:

I was at a Rolling Stones concert at Twickenham Stadium in 2003 (I think it was the first concert held there; it's a huge rugby stadium). Anyway, I had made my way close to the "B-stage" in the middle of the field where the Stones come out to play a short set. After the second song, Ronnie Wood threw the guitar pick he had just used for "I Just Wanna Make Love To You" and IT LANDED IN MY MOUTH!! I actually tried to catch it and it just landed on my tongue (in fact there's a tongue on the pick, of course). An unholy communion of sorts I guess! I'm lucky I didn't swallow it (or choke on it).
vince
vince
1628 posts

Re:
Mar 04, 2009, 06:50
Wifey has a couple of things. An Iggy Pop drumstick caught at the Brixton Academy 'American Caesar' show. She also has a self portrait by Chris Isaak drawn on a napkin.

I only have one: A VIP pass for a show by Tom Jones, signed to me by the great man himself. It's framed in my studio, right above the mixer, for divine inspiration ;-)

What more could one wish for?
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re:
Mar 04, 2009, 09:04
Impressive!
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re:
Mar 04, 2009, 09:07
I ain't got nuffin. But... I did help carry one of John Entwhistle's old amplifiers up out of the cellar, last night.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re:
Mar 04, 2009, 09:25
Is the late Mr Entwistle down in your cellar? Crikey!
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re:
Mar 04, 2009, 09:30
Ha! No, dumdum - his Mesa Boogie. 8+)
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index