Unsung Forum »
Yer best of 2008 (so far)

24 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Yer best of 2008 (so far)
Jun 16, 2008, 06:09
I'd say on the present trend I'll find Black Mountain worthy of attention by about the 4th CD, didn't really like the Black Angel one, found it a bit one dimensional, but still better than Woodjen Shjips who I thought were as dull as ditchwater. The best of the bunch of the new wave of neofuzzadelica or whatever was the Holy Fuck cd who can actually say infuenced by ,rather than copying slavishly and with little imagination.

I seem to be in a minority with Mars Volta, I seem to constantly receive cdrs presented with awe as the latest offering of ''Mars Volta-It's even better than the last one'' which i listen to to find the same souless over fussy racket that sounds like 10 different songs happening at once. I'm not averse to eclectic but they are so much pushing the envelope as shredding it , recycling it and reassembling it as the emperors new clothes [ in 11/9 time ] bilge!!!

Never rated the Breeders much either, fuck this new music lark I'm off to listen to Nazareth[the anti Mars Volta ;-)]
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index