Unsung Forum »
100 Albums To Remove From Your Collection

42 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Re: 100 Albums To Remove From Your Collection
May 14, 2008, 22:51
The complete bitches brew sessions is great but the bitches brew original double is pretty poor choices from the sessions. Most of the good stuff ended up on the Big Fun album.

As for the comment on the album - it's pretty true in a lot of cases of any albums which take some work on the part of the listener but often reveal a rich, rewarding and long lasting listen rather than the transient sleb driven crap that's fills up 90% of the local HMV. Having said that, there's better Miles Davis to be found and often its in his cool or hard bop jazz periods and not the fashionable jimi stockhausen period. On the corner and big fun are my choices for that period but each to their own.

As for fashion buying, I bought the last Autechre album yesterday in the hope of having my ears fed with something different but realised on second play tonite that I was trying too hard to appreciate it and really hated the sound so gave myself a slap round the head and reminded myself to grow up and not be a rock n roll grandad trying to be down with the apple mac crunching kids. The new Fall album still sounds great though on repeated plays.

8)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index