Most Influential Band of Last 20-25 years

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Re: Most Influential Band of Last 20-25 years
May 02, 2008, 13:05
I've said it before, i'm 46 years old and lived through that era too. My interest in KRAFTWERK died upon hearing TRANS EUROPE EXPRESS played to death on POP MUSIC stations decades ago....Gary fackin' Newman too....
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

May 02, 2008, 13:13
singingringingtree wrote:

nah, i'm sure you throw a great party ... wdn't you even spin "walk this way"???

Sure,as long as it 'AINT' that dreadfull Hip-hop version with RUN DMC fack'in it up. TOO OLD TO ROCK, TOO YOUNG TO DIE!
singingringingtree
singingringingtree
964 posts

May 02, 2008, 13:24
hey! don't tar kraftwerk w/ same brush as that good numan ... it's crazy how influential some folk say HE is these days ... total dogshit ... derivative as hell too ... so, where do you stand on Neu!? Can?
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

May 02, 2008, 13:43
Got egye bamyasi and tago mago{on L.P.'s mind..}, not too bad every 5 years or so for a listen. Anything with Suzuki "Singing" is a skip thru for me tho....Really not my bag either. These days for me it's more like Ben Harper and Lucinda Williams and Qotsa and Dead Meadow. That old German stuff is not something i just heard last week after "Downloading" it for free. Back in the 70's it was soup of the day with a 1/2 ounce, if you dig.
singingringingtree
singingringingtree
964 posts

May 02, 2008, 13:48
dodge one wrote:
That old German stuff is not something i just heard last week after "Downloading" it for free. Back in the 70's it was soup of the day with a 1/2 ounce, if you dig.

i "dig" ... i'm 42 yrs old + got into that stuff thru freaking out to throbbing gristle when i was 14 ...
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index