Feb 21, 2008, 12:54
http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=115421
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Re: Kissology III
Feb 21, 2008, 12:57
"the final installment in the band’s continuing series"

As dumb in real life as they are musically.

Bless.
paradox
paradox
1576 posts

Feb 21, 2008, 13:05
Don't hold yer breath Jon as iv'e heard there may be a 4th!

Thought it was the Pistols who released Flogging A Dead Horse.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Feb 21, 2008, 14:05
Feb 21, 2008, 13:27
Can I just point out that, although I find it utterly distasteful myself as a KISS fan, you have to admit that KISSco have, from the outset, always been totally honest and upfront about their merchandising and money grabbing. Simmons has always shouted out loud that he IS a greedy, captitalist pig and has no qualms about all the goodies/tat he flogs. He likes money, wants it and is open about it. And I have to be honest, if I had the dosh, I'd love that DVD set and there's other things such as the action figures I'd like. I would.

It may be be a merchandising horror show but KISS run it and are open about it and I'd much rather that than the subtefuge of so called 'credible' artists like Bob Dylan, McCartney to name but two of many doing snidey deals to flog their wares in Starbucks and doing ads in Japan where they hope their Western fans won't see them.
paradox
paradox
1576 posts

Feb 21, 2008, 13:33
True Confession*time.

*Copyright Gene Simmons 1978.

I have the Alive and Creatures figures cuz i just could'nt resist em.

Would love the Lovegun one too but it goes for about £100+.

Hypocrite i know!

8>)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Feb 21, 2008, 13:42
I want the car and I can't even drive! A guitar amp in the dashboard. Eat that Jeremy Clarkson.

I'd like those figures too. It was weird they used Eric Carr's inital Fox face rather than the later, and in my view, better design.
paradox
paradox
1576 posts

Feb 21, 2008, 13:48
You know Mooncat i had'nt noticed that about Erics make-up and having just checked you are quite correct!

Strange one as i think the design used on the figure was just a prototype!

Was'nt he nearly a Hawk too?
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Feb 21, 2008, 14:02
He was nearly a hawk. That design on your figure was used in very early promo shots when the band announced Eric Carr as their drummer. As it happens I have a copy somehere of Yank sleb mag People Magazine cos I was in America at the time and it features the band on the cover with Eric with the first fox face as on the Creatures figures. I don't think the design was ever used in concert or on videos. In fact, as I recall, the figures costumes in the Creatures set are in fact based around the outfits for the post-Criss "Unmasked" tour and not the gear they actually wore on the actual Creatures tour which featured Vini Vincent in his "Wizard" Ankh face gloop.

God, why do I know this stuff?! If I could remember equations like I do this stuff I'd be an Einstein by now.
paradox
paradox
1576 posts

Feb 21, 2008, 14:31
Yeah mate you're correct so fuck knows why they were called creatures of the night figures!

The costumes in question were used on the Dynasty/Umasked tours.

BTW back in 82 i travelled down to london as KISS were doing a meet n greet at virgin megastore on oxford street.

Paul,Gene and Eric had brand new design costumes whilst Ace was still in the lightening bolt Elder costume so the writing was obviously on the wall in hindsight!

Ace was great that day, cracking jokes,cackling his famous cackle and drinking Pils through a straw and getting increasingly blotto!

Bless him.

Elder figures!? Now those i would buy.

8>)
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Feb 21, 2008, 14:45
Feb 21, 2008, 14:44
Sounds cool!

I did like Gene's quote regarding the Elder era look with the short hair n stuff and how it hadn't gone down that well. When preparing for the non more metal Creatures album n tour he said something like -
"When we come back we're gonna have hair on our teeth"

Have to say I like the Elder album loads, sicko that I am. I also like Creatures and the, proper, original blue sleeve with the eyes.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index