15 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Tekpop
Tekpop
41 posts

Re: NO WAve
Apr 14, 2008, 12:31
Stevo wrote:
Lydia said something about Thurston being her favourite bass player around the time of the In Limbo mini lp. Possibly it was in the Forcedexposure interview?
He'd certainly have respect for the band & has known her for years.
Wouldn't mind seeing that. Is it going to be 15 minutes a pop again though? Thurston digging the Dead and all might stretch that out to half an hour eh?
Stevo

That is my mis-givings also. Back in the day, Teenage Jesus was known for extremely short sets. Lydia wasn't lying when you said she hated music and she went out of her way to insult the audience. I just don't know how well that would translate in 2008. I also don't see them expanding their musical palate for the occasion either even though Moore and Sclavunos have long left their No Wave roots behind them and are actually fairly accomplished musicians nowadays. (Sclavunos's day job is drumming for the Bad Seeds)

This is why I wouldn't get overly excited over this reunion. It's more a way for Thurston to plug his book and Lydia to get a little attention. There's also a Teenage Jesus compilation due soon from Acute records and I'm sure that's another reason for this surprising 'reunion'.

Unsung Forum Index