Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Edited Jan 27, 2008, 19:55
Rock N Roll Pilgrimage Sites
Jan 27, 2008, 18:32
Memphis, L.A, Detroit, Nashville, Clarksdale, RnR Hall Of Fame, EMP in Seattle, Electric lady in NYC, Liverpool, London, etc

Where have you gone to, where do you want want to go, what do you recommend?
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Re: Rock N Roll Pilgrimage Sites
Jan 27, 2008, 20:56
That's me standing next to the Elvis as a boy statue,where he was born in Tupelo, Mississipi. The trail starts there...
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Jan 27, 2008, 21:07
I have been to the graves of Jim Morrison in Paris and Jimi Hendrix in Seattle - tho I believe the Hendrix Estate has subsequently moved Hendrix grave to a more elaborate monument.

Also been to Hendrix's flat in London now part of the Handel House Museum - George Handel lived in the flat next door to Jimi although some 300 years earlier.

Stood at the cross roads of Haight Ashbury but was 35 years too late for all the fun!!
magiceye
magiceye
183 posts

Jan 27, 2008, 21:32
Have to say I still harbour the intention of going to Haight Ashbury, although I imagine it would be pretty pointless to do so now...a bit like wandering around Ladbroke Grove nowadays and trying to imagine what it was like circa 1970.

Perversely (not to mention worryingly) I'd like to do the Spahn Ranch - although strictly speaking Manson was never r and r. I don't suppose it even exists now.

Other than that I can't ay I've done much in the way of pilgrimages, not even the Apple Shop. Although I have for many, many years made a point of travelling to gigs in London from my home in Wales as much as anything so that I might tick off the famous venues which I guess is a form of pilgrimage. Does it count?
Mule
Mule
588 posts

Jan 27, 2008, 22:22
Canvey Island.
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Jan 27, 2008, 22:55
Newport

No, not joking, living here and being part of the music "scene" for many a year I've had the joy to witness many up and coming artists. Some made it, some didn't, but these people have been hammering out rock n roll for years and it's been a voyage of discovery for everyone here to see how people have progressed and digressed. These people are, not only my friends, but some are also my heroes, in the face of all adversity they've carried on regardless and never given up belief in what they want to do. So quite honestly for me here is the place to be.
MC
638 posts

Jan 27, 2008, 23:01
Ann Arbor - Stooge Manor
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Jan 27, 2008, 23:19
Do you mean Newport RI for the JAzz/Folk fests?
Mule
Mule
588 posts

Jan 28, 2008, 08:45
Claret Hall, near Stoke-by-Clare in Suffolk. Home of The Enid!!!
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jan 28, 2008, 09:29
The 404 Club, 4th & Broadway, Denver CO. I recommend the buffalo meatloaf.
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index