Vernon Haddock's Jubilee Lovelies

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Re: Vernon Haddock's Jubilee Lovelies
Mar 21, 2008, 04:23
I strongly believe you lot are making this up. My dad was not in the Lovely Jubblies (as far as I know!)
vinylhead
1 posts

Dec 16, 2008, 18:09
My dad didn't play in the Jubilee Lovelies, but I've just acquired an excellent copy of this little gem.
boogaloo
2 posts

Dec 12, 2009, 15:06
Just make things stranger i am a friend of Vernon Haddock and currently live a few yards away and once i almost married his daughter. He has always been rather hazy about the band and i would very much like to contact any of the lovelies or offspring or associates. I have stumbled on this site by putting it into google which i have done in past years to no avail.
Please do get in contact

Kind gegards
boogaloo
2 posts

Dec 12, 2009, 15:10
As Vernons Not so son inlaw/mate and general partner in crime do you think you or your dad could get in touch ?

Regards
G
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Dec 12, 2009, 16:43
Sorry, thought this was a Viz related thread.
son of little bear
3 posts

Jan 20, 2010, 23:41
Are we sons of Lovelies still around? I'll start a facebook page!
sonofachum
1 posts

Nov 23, 2010, 13:02
Well bless my soul, a Lovelies forum! My dad & Mr Elvin were great chums & worked on Yellow Submarine together.I recall mum dad and us three kids traveling to Leigh on Sea from Gravesend in the old taxi, and staying at Mr Elvin's Victorian Rectory, the Lovelies played and I read my way through a pile of old Marvel comics, I was about 8 at the time. Another time we went to Vernon's house in Deal where his wife (wonderful green eyes) fed us risotto and we ate it with forks that had just two prongs! One summer most of the lovelies and us went to the Bluebell railway in an ex-Eastbourne open topped bus, music all the way. Vernon turned up with a box of salted sprats! What japes we had. I remember Mr & Mrs Elvin's two sons had names beginning with P and E, at some time they were almost named Thompson and Wotton, after a (now extinct) Faversham Brewery! real ale was a part of those days. My brother has given me a copy of the LP on disc, I really ought to upload it for the wider enjoyment. Now where's my banjo...
the elvinator
2 posts

Mar 08, 2012, 14:17
sonofachum wrote:
I remember Mr & Mrs Elvin's two sons had names beginning with P and E, at some time they were almost named Thompson and Wotton, after a (now extinct) Faversham Brewery!

Reasonable happy I didn't end up being called 'Wotton'. Generally, it was the cats who ended up being named after breweries.

And I too remember that legendary open-top bus ride!

'E'
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index