Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Neil Young Archive Box
Jan 17, 2008, 05:58
http://www.repriserecords.com/neilarchives/

This is a great promo for an 8cd/ 2dvd set that is already 1 year late. Enjoy the promo. Great stuff.
redbarchetta
redbarchetta
335 posts

Re: Neil Young Archive Box
Jan 17, 2008, 11:09
That Promo is great ... unseen footage of Neil .. Neil at Barking Town Hall ... classic shots of Buffalo Springfield .. version of Old Man I've never heard before ... first time I've seen Massey Hall in Toronto (where All the World's A Stage was recorded!) ...

The Neil Young box set will probably be the release of the year, if it ever happens ..
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Edited Jan 18, 2008, 00:55
Jan 18, 2008, 00:53
On a bit of a Neil Trip right now cuz I'm reading "Shakey" (up to about "autumn 1967" so far.)

He talks about the archive project a lot in the book.* I'm curious to hear some of those ancient Canadian recordings with The Squires (wonder if he found a tape of the Rick James band? BTW the reason James was in Canada was the Vietnam draft of course.)

Favorite part of the promo was the Buffalo Springfield clip with Steve Stills being a scene-stealing jackass in the background!

* you will note that the 8CD + 2 DVD box set is ONLY "volume 1" covering the years up to 1972 -- presumably there will be several more volumes to come in future years!
zphage
zphage
3378 posts

Jan 18, 2008, 01:39
In a Rolling Stone Feature from 76-77 he speaks of the Archive project, may be he's waiting for the okay from Axl Rose(there's a Geffen connection).
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Jan 18, 2008, 02:26
I know it sound weird coming from a music fan, but I wouldn't mind if he delayed the Archives for several years more, if it means coming out with more new music. Love or hate him, he has consistenly come out with new stuff (sometimes twice a year) for over 40 years. And what other artist could play an entire album's worth of new music for a live show and still have the fans eating it up (I'm talking about Greendale here). So hold off if it means another Crazy Horse tour.
jamie_summers
45 posts

Jan 18, 2008, 08:41
the greendale show i saw was horrendous. archives please. then a final worldwide horse tour.
meurglys III
meurglys III
1085 posts

Edited Jan 18, 2008, 09:19
Jan 18, 2008, 09:19
looks ace. Hope it comes out soon.
Nat Hate
Nat Hate
445 posts

Jan 18, 2008, 09:24
That page says "Coming in 2007". Who knows when we'll see it.
There's a couple of Squires songs on that Archives Be Damned bootleg. I would offer to copy it for you but I'm so useless at sending things off you'd probably get it after the Archive comes out!
Nat Hate
Nat Hate
445 posts

Jan 18, 2008, 09:24
That page says "Coming in 2007". Who knows when we'll see it.
There's a couple of Squires songs on that Archives Be Damned bootleg. I would offer to copy it for you but I'm so useless at sending things off you'd probably get it after the Archive comes out!
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Jan 19, 2008, 01:16
jamie_summers wrote:
the greendale show i saw was horrendous. archives please. then a final worldwide horse tour.

The only horrendous thing Neil Young could do was to put out compilations for the rest of his days. Maybe most people don't understand the quote but he was talking about staying musically relevant when he sang "It's better to burn out, than to fade away." I have always believed he maintained this promise. And I loved Greendale.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index