Register
Unsung Forum »
Yahowha 13 / Father Yod Book

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
MC
638 posts

Yahowha 13 / Father Yod Book
Nov 09, 2007, 13:33
Just ordered the Yahowha 13/Father Yod/Source book. It comes with a live CD of Yahowa 13 and it's under a tenner (a bargain unlike that crazy Rolling Stones book on Rhino). I'll post a review once I finish it.

Is there anyone who has the Swordfish version of Penetration - I have it on Higher Key CD and there's a fair bit of record noise in the quiet bits, just wanted to know it the Swordfish version was the same.

Thanks!
philiph20
80 posts

Re: Yahowha 13 / Father Yod Book
Nov 09, 2007, 16:48
Sounds fantastic where did you order it from, can you let me know teh details please.
MC
638 posts

Nov 09, 2007, 18:03
here's the amazon.com link:

http://www.amazon.com/Source-Untold-Story-Father-Family/dp/0976082292

I got it from Amazon.co.uk

do a google search there's quite a lot of places selling it.
Lascivia
Lascivia
422 posts

Edited Nov 09, 2007, 18:58
Nov 09, 2007, 18:58
MC wrote:
Is there anyone who has the Swordfish version of Penetration - I have it on Higher Key CD and there's a fair bit of record noise in the quiet bits, just wanted to know it the Swordfish version was the same.

Hi! I have both versions and the Swordfish's sound is a little better but there's still some noise in places, notably in the third track.

[sermonizing mode ON]

Regardless, you should upgrade from the pirate version so royalties go where they're due!

[sermonizing mode OFF]

Thanks for reminding me to play this. Fits it in well with the Red Crayola, 13th Floor Elevators, Hapshash mood I've been having.
philiph20
80 posts

Nov 09, 2007, 19:53
Thanks MC i think that will be added to my Amazon wants list for Santa Claus to check out.

Still looking for that 13 cd Yahowha 13 box set to come out in English.
riotmaster
1563 posts

Nov 10, 2007, 02:08
apparently they're back together and planning some shows in the states

not with the Yod obviously. should be ...er, fun ?
phallus dei
583 posts

Nov 10, 2007, 16:53
I may be in the minority, but I was really dissapointed with the Swordfish remaster of Penetration. I found it to be sonicly "flat." The version on the Captain Trip boxset, even though taken from crackly vinyl, is still much more nuanced to my ears. If you don't want to splurge for the boxset, there is also going to be an American rerelease of Penetration on CD by Cold Sweat this December. Don't know though if that will be remastered...
The book that came out is excellent. Great story, even better pictures. Comparatively speaking, the CD that comes with it is kinda a letdown. It is a little over 40 minutes and features excerpts from a lot of unreleased recording sessions, but I would have rather it focused on one session in its entirety.
MC
638 posts

Nov 11, 2007, 12:09
Just had confirmation that the Cold Sweat Penetration will be the same as the Swordfish masters.
Unsung Forum Index