Register
Unsung Forum »
You Gotta Problem Vinyl Edition

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
common era
865 posts

You Gotta Problem Vinyl Edition
Jul 27, 2007, 09:38
To my great surprise, the vinyl version of YGPWM arrived at my door yesterday.

Ordered it from Invada last week thinking it was a pre-order as I thought it wasn't being released until August, but no, I now have it here in front of me and a very nice looking thing it is too!
a23
a23
1004 posts

Re: You Gotta Problem Vinyl Edition
Jul 27, 2007, 16:44
got mine today...oh good listening time tonight beckons...turn the volume to loud i think
a23
a23
1004 posts

Jul 27, 2007, 20:42
just played mine...sound level seems unduly low and more crackles than there should be...side 1 sounds worse than side 2....yours like this too or have i got a bad pressing?
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Aug 04, 2007, 08:34
Is this a picture disk or black vinyl? Nice package? (thinking birthday present rather than for myself so more concerned)
a23
a23
1004 posts

Aug 04, 2007, 10:57
Black vinyl.
I got onto Fat Paul from Invada about the surface noise on mine (mostly affecting the first 2 trax on side 1) and he's offered to replace it, saying other copies are fine.
Volume is lower than average vinyl cos of the compression factor - it is a pretty long record to fit onto 2 sides of vinyl at about 63 mins (I think).

But overall I'm happy with the package, nice gatefold. No booklet tho - might have to get the CD version too if it has the lyrics in it...some of which i find hard to decipher
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Aug 04, 2007, 11:16
Y'know, there aren't any vinyl pressing plants in the UK any more. Pretty much all of the pressing these days is done in Eastern Europe. That opening of borders/trade works well if it's only one way, eh?
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Aug 04, 2007, 13:04
I just made my first appearance on vinyl, in a band called Foreign Oranges. I play boards on 3 tracks and was very excited...got my copy, took it home and.....it's way warped. These pressing plants aren't what they used to be.
Ascorpius
Ascorpius
82 posts

Aug 04, 2007, 18:38
As with a lot of JCs packaging these days the booklet has lyrics that aren't on the cd, some lyrics that are but are easy to hear and anything that is unclear is not included. I am sure this deliberate just to piss me off. He has a strange sense of humour that JC.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Aug 07, 2007, 01:59
a23 wrote:
Black vinyl.
I got onto Fat Paul from Invada about the surface noise on mine (mostly affecting the first 2 trax on side 1) and he's offered to replace it, saying other copies are fine.
Volume is lower than average vinyl cos of the compression factor - it is a pretty long record to fit onto 2 sides of vinyl at about 63 mins (I think).

But overall I'm happy with the package, nice gatefold. No booklet tho - might have to get the CD version too if it has the lyrics in it...some of which i find hard to decipher

Got mine today (in Canada). I agree it sounds much quieter than most records, oh well I guess I'll just turn it up. I was a bit disapointed at not getting a booklet, seems like most artists have more tidbits included with the vinyl, not less. I hope Cope continues pressing his albums on vinyl. Would love to see Dark Orgasm in a gatefold sleeve.
Unsung Forum Index