so where is everybody from?

Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
chris s
211 posts

Re: so where is everybody from?
Apr 01, 2007, 15:17
Hi Daminxa
Yeah don't get me wrong - I loved loved lurrved Derbyshire in rustica - top of Kinder Scout deffo one of my favourite places on earth - but f**k me how horrid did I find Derby - not just climactically and architecturally but overwhelmingly socially - for me twas a right viper's nest !!
Ahhh, Camborne School of Mines - long gone that hilarious initiation rite whereby the newbies all stripped naked, were tarred and feathered before parading through all the pubs in town clutching the genitalia of the person in front before washing off in the local fountain...

We made our own fun in them days, laddie....
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Apr 01, 2007, 18:29
Born in Minnesota with Bob Zimmerman, Prince, The Replacements, 2/3 of Husker Du & the Coen Brothers.

Live in Madison, Wisconsin these days. With, um, Butch Vig. And the ghost of Chris Farley.

No other midwesterners around?

Stevo, I'll be in Galway in July! Look you up??
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Apr 01, 2007, 21:02
So don't they do the student initiation rites anymore? And do they still have 'The Bottle Match' with The Royal School of Mines?

My best mate from Uni (I was at RSM) was from Illogan (somewhere in the vicinity of Redruth/Camborne I believe). I've never met anyone before or since could hold their drink so well or came up with more imaginative swear words or put downs! She's a teacher now...
Vidalia
23 posts

Los Angeles
Apr 01, 2007, 22:33
California
USA
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Mar 14, 2012, 13:18
Born in Paddington,W.London, dragged up in Hanwell, W.London and back living there now.
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Edited Mar 14, 2012, 13:54
Mar 14, 2012, 13:49
I was just wondering where all these new names had suddenly appeared from. then saw the date that this thread had been started in. I was thinking, on seeing my name in there, that this must be one of my earliest posts. Then I found this archive: http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohead/unsung/topic/23776/threaded/269468
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Mar 14, 2012, 14:45
London, via Merseyside and Surrey. Of Scottish parentage. So I reckon it's fair to say I don't really come from anywhere.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Mar 14, 2012, 15:15
Popel Vooje wrote:
London, via Merseyside and Surrey. Of Scottish parentage. So I reckon it's fair to say I don't really come from anywhere.

Another Planet Baby?
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Mar 14, 2012, 16:08
Toni Torino wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:

Another Planet Baby?

That's my retirement plan.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Mar 14, 2012, 16:12
Popel Vooje wrote:
Toni Torino wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:

Another Planet Baby?

That's my retirement plan.

I have a mate who has a plan to try heroin when he's 50, one time only. At least that was his plan, I haven't seen him for a few years.
Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index