You Am I

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Edited Mar 21, 2007, 11:08
You Am I
Mar 21, 2007, 11:07
Was sent a link to this footage of You Am I's Tim Rogers doing a solo version of the superb 'Heavy Heart'. Lyrically, this is one of the best songs ever written. however, my familiarity with it comes from covers of it.

I was wondering if any of the band's other stuff is any cop. Or, is it all this slightly limp could-only-be-australian type of singer-songwriter stuff?

Been watching so much TV...
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Re: You Am I
Mar 26, 2007, 05:07
I'm not a fan so I'm not trying to stick up for You Am I, but what exactly do you mean by 'limp stuff that could only be Australian singer-songwriter'? I mean, there's limp singer-songwriter stuff from all over the world...
From what I gather You Am I generally do hard-rock/pop stuff, but I'm not really that familiar with their music, beyond having heard just enough to know it's too mainstream for me. They've been around for ages and might have gotten more lame in recent years.
MagmaTimes
17 posts

Apr 07, 2007, 16:46
Good band. Best album is "Hourly Daily" from 95-ish. Fairly ordinary sounding jingly-jangly power pop but songs are slicker than yr average!
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Apr 07, 2007, 17:36
Their band sound was originally pretty mid 60s Who derived if I'm thinking right. They certainly rocked when i saw them support ther Lemonheads in 97.
Mainly went to that cos Murph of Dinos fame was drumming for Lemonheads at the time.
Stevo
Np Gun Club Fulminant Live Act Go TEll The Mountain
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Apr 08, 2007, 18:04
achuma wrote:
I mean, there's limp singer-songwriter stuff from all over the world...

Indeed there is. But, when it sounds like the clip there it usually comes from down under. Much as the Bare Naked Ladies could only be Canadian.
Unsung Forum Index