Guilty Pleasures?

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jasonaparkes
Jasonaparkes
876 posts

Re: Guilty Pleasures?
Mar 18, 2007, 19:32
The mention of Family Man reminds me that I like quite a few Hall & Oates songs - that track has some very odd new wave guitar on and Method of Modern Love is probably the kind of track Talking Heads would have done if they had been a bit more Tom Tom Club. The 12" remixes on Big Bam Boom fit in well with my prediliction for Arthur Baker-stuff like Confusion by New Order and IOU by Freeez. Out of Touch is another one - I have a cheap best of, never listened to their early stuff, didn't Mr Cope borrow the title 'Laughing Boy' from them?

Independence Day by The Comsat Angels would be another, a great band, but the production is very Flock of Seagulls. Which means I'll like a few songs by those funny-haired chaps, notably Wishing...and the song I live by, The More You Live the More You Love.

I really must be quiet now!!!!!!!!!!
daver
daver
25 posts

Mar 18, 2007, 19:42
How about 2 Unlimited's "There's No Limit"?

Featuring the immortal refrain:

TECHNO TECHNO TECHNO TECHNO
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Mar 18, 2007, 21:55
daver wrote:

HAHA! Yeah, those lyrics were bang up on the times! You seem rather new here. Welcome
x
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Mar 18, 2007, 22:28
Bread - so many tracks that I really should not comment on music at all...with anyone.

And Simon And Garfunkle - Bridge Over Troubled Water. Should not effect me as much as it does after hearing it, roughly, 10,000 times.

Merry Christmas Everyone as well... Scrap that, nothing embarrasing about Slade.
daver
daver
25 posts

Mar 19, 2007, 01:57
shanshee_allures wrote:
daver wrote:

HAHA! Yeah, those lyrics were bang up on the times! You seem rather new here. Welcome
x

Hiya, cheers.
BUBBLEHEAD
BUBBLEHEAD
982 posts

Mar 19, 2007, 06:23
Ha and hi ! Love the trombipulator avatar.

Er, i've mentioned my guilty pleasures before so some of you will know of my penchant for the truely awful. I like songs that make me laugh and feel ill simultaneously, here's my top three ( um, all male singer songwriters too ) ...

1. Dean Friedman - Lucky Stars
2. Randy Edelman - Uptown Uptempo Woman
3. Adrian Gurvitz - Classic

Although i guess the true criteria would be for a song that one actually finds enjoyable despite a degree of naffness, i've been digging this after hearing it on the radio recently....

The Babys - Isn't It Time.

Over-wrought, dodgy lyrics, lush strings, silly haircuts, that mutha's got the lot !

Oh and whilst i'm at it and in a similar vein...

Barry Manilow - Could It Be Magic.

Honestly, I really do like that toon !
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Mar 20, 2007, 14:43
Anything by Adam And The Ants,i still love them!

P.S Daver,your avitar scares the shite out of me!!!!aarrrgghhh!

xnotdx
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Mar 20, 2007, 16:43
I've got a new one, in the charts as we speak (I think).
Kelis Lil Star
An unashamed Sly rip off, but great.
I also love 5ive's 'Keep on Movin'.
x
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Mar 20, 2007, 16:48
That's actually a damn fine selection of tracks you got there Brik! I have entire ALBUMS of 'guilty pleasures' including Coldplay's 'Parachutes' (didn't realise it was crap til I got it, that's my excuse...), U2's 'Achtung Baby' (look I LIKE it, alright?!), Ocean Colour Scene's 'Mosely Shoals' (did ever a more boring bunch of bastards make it in the music business?) and Kula Shaker's album, the name of which I can't remember. ALSO in my record collection, for which I claim no responsibility, are a Chas and Dave album, an Imagination CD and far too much stuff by Depeche Mode. Like I say, they're nothing to do with me...
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Mar 20, 2007, 16:48
Nothing to feel guilty about - Adam and the Ants fkn RULE!
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index