"Spamidelic Jam" in a Boston Loft space circa 1987

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Edited Jan 12, 2007, 01:01
"Spamidelic Jam" in a Boston Loft space circa 1987
Jan 12, 2007, 00:53
Here's a lowfi recording of a jam w/yours truly playing drums and an assorted group of personalities from various Boston bands from that era having a good time up in a fourth floor loft space across from Boston Garden in '87. It features some spontaneous punk, psychedelia, a spazzy version of 'Interstellar Overdrive', and some rock and rock ala 'Stray Cats' on cruise mode.

http://www.handofdave.com/sounds/SpamidelicJam.mp3

Just to give fair warning.......it's 36:13 / 33.2 MB.
If you want to download it (oh my vanity) just right-click the link

It's goofy fun, no masterpiece, but it does at times really hit a certain improvised, homegrown, gloriously electric groupmind.
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Re:
Jan 12, 2007, 13:03
Hey Dave!
That was during my time in Beantown..(I played Chet's as well)..So who played in this jam?..You can just use band names if you don't want to name names
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Vets from Chets!
Jan 12, 2007, 15:11
Hey there! Yeah, even I played Chets one night with my brother in law... we did a horrible noise set with super 8 films playing- called ourselves the 'Velcro Underground'. Chet actually threw us off the stage after about 15 minutes!

My BIN wasn't involved in this jam I mention but was living in said loft at the time- Marc Castano- he was the singer (well, shouter, really) for the Organ Donors.

Most of the people in this Spam Jam were from Bunnies in Hell- Kate, Owen, James... and some other people I've forgotten. Two floors down lived the members of the Eels- I don't think it's the same Eels that you might know of now. They had a skateboard quarter-pipe right in the loft space.

Good times! I had a lot of crazy fun in that neighborhood.

Would I know you from then? What was your band?
Unsung Forum Index