Register
Unsung Forum »
YO LA TENGO feat Ray Davies, P. Zaremba, F. Armisen

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
horazio
433 posts

YO LA TENGO feat Ray Davies, P. Zaremba, F. Armisen
Aug 04, 2006, 08:03
There's an album of YO LA TENGO w/ Ray Davies, P. Zaremba /Fleshtones/ & Fred Armisen /SNL cast/!

Let there be more!
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Re: YO LA TENGO feat Ray Davies, P. Zaremba, F. Armisen
Aug 04, 2006, 15:17
What album are you talking about, the one that's about to come out?
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Aug 04, 2006, 18:18
I have a weird love/not-hate-but-I-dunno thing about YoLaTengo... seen them twice live. Not very good at relating to the audience. When they are good, they are very very good, and when they are bad, they are not really horrid, but blah.
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Aug 07, 2006, 03:28
I've seen them close to a dozen times and love them live -- very unpredictable. They can also be very funny. A few years back some member of the Atlanta Braves (baseball team) was in the news for saying all sorts of stupid things in the press, specifically about a trip he'd made to New York. I saw YLT play Atlanta in the midst of this and for their encore, they came out all wearing Braves uniforms with that guy's number on it and played "Let's Get Rid Of New York".
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Aug 07, 2006, 05:54
That's a great anecdote! The last time I caught them live was in Northampton Massachusetts at the Academy of Music theater..a beautiful old venue but acoustically not the best. It was a strangely awkward show, maybe it was just me, but they seemed a bit shy of the audience and had some tech glitches that threw a wrench into it (not their fault, but things got a little panicky onstage).
Guess it was just an off night. I've got a fair number of their CD's and like I said before, when they are really 'on' they can be pretty majestic.
horazio
433 posts

Aug 09, 2006, 06:15
If Zaremba'd been present he could've fixed things quickly! :D
horazio
433 posts

Aug 09, 2006, 06:52
LOL
Unsung Forum Index