Unsung Forum »
yessss for roy harper

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
silogut
silogut
432 posts

yessss for roy harper
Mar 20, 2006, 20:36
yesssss I just found my copy of Stormcock that had alluded me for the past 6 months hiding inside another cd jewel case. Sorry I just had to share that as Hors d Oeuvres drifts out of me speakers....
Tangerine Pete
Tangerine Pete
487 posts

Re: yessss for roy harper
Mar 21, 2006, 01:30
red peony gave me a copy of that, and I'm still wrestling with it.

what I really enjoyed was picking up a vinyl copy cheap of HQ (1975) -- that one's pretty fun, with guest spots from Bruford, Gilmour, John Paul Jones...good songs too...When an Old Cricketer Leaves the Crease...that's a pretty nice lp.
meurglys III
meurglys III
1085 posts

Mar 21, 2006, 21:16
keep wrestling, tangy pete! it'll click. and when it does...

aaahh, all those nights sitting on wooden floors across Northern England, midst the intoxicating aroma of funny ciggys and the warm bath of amplified ovation guitars and Roy's voice loud in my head. happy days.

I'm duty bound to point you here, too:

http://www.harperspace.com/nick-harper-downloads.html
silogut
silogut
432 posts

Mar 22, 2006, 08:02
hey cany yo rec' any other Harper albums - I getting a need to hear more
meurglys III
meurglys III
1085 posts

Mar 22, 2006, 09:22
well, if Stormcock floats your boat, I would recommend Lifemask next. Then Valentine, HQ, Bullinamingvase, Unknown Soldier. Also the live "Flashes From The Archives of Oblivion" is worth it. The early ones next. "Flat BAroque & Berserk", "Come Out Fighting Genghis Smith", "Folkjokeopus" and "Sophisticated Beggar".

I'm personally not that keen on the later ones, since about 1984 ("Work of Heart" the beginning of the decline for me), but.. each to his own!

Hope this helps, it's just my preference you understand!

http://www.royharper.co.uk/shop/display_page.php?page=discog
Unsung Forum Index