Unsung Forum »
Manchester

77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Fa-Fa-Fa Kev
1 posts

Re: Manchester
Feb 25, 2006, 17:24
1st post here, hiya all JC fans. I've seen JC many times since @ 84 and he has never let me down,always entertaining whether with band or solo. Saw him on his last tour and once again he delivered.
I took my 14 year old son last night for his 1st " proper " concert. He's seen Alice Cooper with me but ya know, big fucking sheds do not make for " proper " concerts, IMO.
He's a fan of KORN, SOAD, SLIPKNOT etc, y'all get the idea. I began at age 11 with Cooper, which lead to Rush, Zeppelin, Sabbath etc, can't knock him.
Anyway, Mr. Cope has a NEW young fan. Wicked, he/they rocked, cool were spoken. I even saw a generally motionless music listener, shaking his ass and nodding his head. So, JC now appeals to a nu-metal fan?
I too loved the gig, my musical roots after all are thrashing guitars, pounding drums and it seems that will never leave me. This is obviously where JC currently wants to be musically right now and that is fa-fa-fa fine with me.
I just wonder about the "purists" if they exist. The guy has written many great pop songs, lalalala tunes as you all know. Does his full on rock attack put off, disappoint some JC fans on here? One slight groan though, i love JCs preamble BUT Reynard could be just a touch shorter Julian.
Great gig keep a rocking JC.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index