Unsung Forum »
Manchester

77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
RightCharlie
2 posts

Re: Manchester
Feb 25, 2006, 01:42
Just like to say this is my first post but i was there for my first Julian Cope gig, was a little dissapointed that he was about 20 mins late getting on, the opening more rocky part didn't do a vast amount for me, however when he kicked into double vegitation things improved vastly (and they weren't that bad before), got treated to sunspots and hanging out and hung up to dry before the other two dissapeared and we had about 20 mins of firstly julian solo on guitar, which wasn't bad except i felt the guitar was down far to low, the solos felt like they were being played in another room almost. Then a synth guy came on (i forget his name), tbh he could have not bothered, again barely audible, julian did two songs with him accapella, the crowd and synth guy, which to be honest didn't work that well, however then the other to came back we got a cracking closing 3 or 4(he stayed on as oppose to doing a normal encore) which included world shut your mouth and finished with reynard the fox, which went on for about 10 mins as julian got a bit stuck in a rut with something about casting out the gods.

All in all i really enjoyed it, his banter was inspired at times, i think the reason i remember the 1 or 2 lulls is probably due to not drinking as much as usual, it seems selfish to deny some people the opportunity to go, but why couldn't it have stayed in academy 3, where the bar is about 20 yards from the stage. I'm glad he focused more on his 'meadowgrass' more whimsical earlier tone that his more rock-out stuff, the guitar and drums were tight, and i have to say i was really glad when they returned after their 'break'. Sorry that i am basically awful at reviews.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index