"La Edad de Oro"

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
LMan
LMan
763 posts

"La Edad de Oro"
Oct 13, 2005, 18:23
"La Edad de Oro" was a spanish TV show that was broadcasted between 1983 and 1985. RTVE (spanish national television) is broadcasting now an anthology of this program. Yesterday, among other (mostly spanish) bands I could see live performances by Marc Almond, Culture Club and Divine. I'm looking forward to see what else will they select as I remember great performances when those was first broadcasted.
Some great concerts I remember: Echo & The Bunnymen ('Ocean Rain' Tour), The Gun Club ('The Las Vegas Story'), John Cale, SPK, The Psychedelic Furs, Psychic TV, Killing Joke and many more.
I don't know if this will also be broadcasted via satellite. I'll try to get more info.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Re: "La Edad de Oro"
Oct 13, 2005, 18:25
That sounds very much like a German music programme that used to be shown on Sky tv here... can't remember its name now. Well worth keeping an eye out for that LMan xxxxx ;)
LMan
LMan
763 posts

Oct 13, 2005, 18:58
Some spanish bands that will appear:

Almodóvar & McNamara (yes 'that Almodóvar'), Siniestro Total, Loquillo y los Trogloditas, Los Rebeldes, Gabinete Caligari, Los Coyotes, La Frontera, Los Chunguitos, Derribos Arias, Zoquillos, Bernardo Bonezzi, Rubi, Golpes Bajos, Los Nikis, Vagina Dentata Organ, La Fura del Baus o Alaska y Dinarama.

And some non-spanish bands:

Lou Reed, The Smiths, John Cale, Culture Club, Marc Almond, Violent Femmes, Grupo Sportivo, Psychedelic Furs, Nick Cave, Dream Syndicate, Aztec Camera, Paul Collins Beat, Durruti Column, Tom Verlaine, Elliot Murphy, Alan Vega, Cabaret Voltaire, John Foxx, Echo & The Bunnymen, Killing Joke, Divine, Spear of Destiny, Johnny Thunders, Tuxedomoon, China Crisis, Lords Of The New Church, Mari Wilson o Psychic TV.

I remember that the last program was Vagina Dentata Organ (Jordi Valls of Psychic TV and Whitehouse fame)
and Psychic TV. It was such a scandal in certain papers that the program was withdrawn.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Oct 13, 2005, 19:01
Definitely worth looking for! so many of my favs there, ;D xxxx ;)
LMan
LMan
763 posts

Oct 13, 2005, 19:06
They don't seem to be broadcasting it on TVE Internacional. I think that there is a satellite channel called 'Nostalgia' that is broadcasting some programs.
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Oct 13, 2005, 19:11
Rockpalast! that's what i'm thinking of............. ;) now we used to be able to get tv programme guides for various foreign tv networks so i've got some homework todo.............. ;) is it still wet with you or has the sun come out? catch ya later babe xxxxx
LMan
LMan
763 posts

Oct 13, 2005, 19:14
Sun shining again.

Good luck. :-)

XXXXX
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 14, 2005, 00:13
I think PTV got in trouble with their Spanish TV appearance. I think I read about it in a Genesis P. Orridge interview about that time...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 14, 2005, 00:15
Yeah I already posted about it earlier. Has Vagina Dentata Organ come out with anything new lately?
LMan
LMan
763 posts

Oct 14, 2005, 09:19
The last CDs I know about are "The Perpignan Killings" (2002) and "The Great Masturbator" (2004).

http://www.valladolidwebmusical.org/disckreto/vdo.htm
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index