Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives
Jun 07, 2005, 14:47
i'll try to find a copy. thanks.
Gnomon
Gnomon
1121 posts

Jun 07, 2005, 16:08
lol... I've just spat my tea out over the keyboard!
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Pawn Hearts
Jun 07, 2005, 18:59
Just got Pawn Hearts through the door this morning myself. Must get some of the others.
Is it only going to be the 1 solo Peter Hammill lp getting reissued. It's only Fool's Mate on the ad inside the booklet.
Stevo
Np Todd Rungren Zen Archer
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: also the AOTM . . .
Jun 07, 2005, 19:04
There are snippets up at cdconnection.com.
Stevo
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Pawntastic!!!
Jun 07, 2005, 19:21
>Is it only going to be the 1 solo Peter Hammill lp getting reissued. It's only Fool's Mate on the ad inside the booklet

Stevo, it looks that way at the moment.
Although it would be great if they did do all of Hammill's solo seventies releases.

Going back to the 'Pawn Hearts' remaster, doesn't it sound great ?!
Great to have those bonus tracks, especially- 'Angle of Incidents' and 'Diminutions' - sounds like a darker version of Faust !!!
Especially 'Angle of Incidents', imagine if that would have been included on the original LP (end of side one)?!

Enjoy!

JT

;-)
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Hammill Interviews
Jun 07, 2005, 20:07
When questioned about whether or not his "other seventies solo material" will get the remaster treatment along with 'Fool's Mate', he says- "one step at a time" and sounds positive on the need for this material "to be done properly".

http://www.vandergraafgenerator.net/site.php
Beebon
1375 posts

Jun 07, 2005, 20:25
>:)

I saw Oneida on saturday night in Bristol... fucking AMAZING live band! I was mighty impressed, though a lot of the crowd seemed almost indifferent to it, which is weird... but then, they were all excited dancing around to Doolittle by the Pixies in the interval....

I've only heard "Secret Wars" and fecking LOVE it! :)
Stensil Head
Stensil Head
201 posts

Jun 07, 2005, 20:41
If i can find your addy, I'll drop you Each One Teach One (the track Antibiotics is a Monster!!) and Anthems of the Moon (Which is my personal fav' album by them, not a duffer on it).

Yeah, know what you mean about indifferenance to 'The O'. I couldn't believe the dreary bunch of tossers at the Birmingham Gig. Mind you, as i said, they were mostly friends of the 2 support bands, so no surprises there. I'm guessing they hadn't even heard of Oneida before.
Stensil Head
Stensil Head
201 posts

Jun 07, 2005, 20:44
If you can make it, Neils Children play Birmingham 'Club NME' on the 14th. It's a crap night other than the bands, but generally it is free in (for the 1st 100 punters i think?) or a few quid if you cut out the voucher in the previous weeks NME.
Anyhow, check your mail in the next few days... a mystery package may well hit your doormat :)
Lugia
970 posts

Jun 07, 2005, 20:44
Lessee...ongoing right now:

Bang on a Can All-stars: "Music for Airports". The BOAC ensemble's very cool redux of Eno's ambient classic. Seen 'em do this live, too...which is quite amazing.

Charlie Parker: "Night and Day". One of the posthumous Verve collections of big band and orchestra sides. Many amazing moments, including THAT version of "Laura".

Vapourspace: "Gravitational Arc of 10: Magnetic Gravity Arc Suite". 43 minutes of techno done right from the grand old days when there were no screechy 5-minute diva club tracks, and if the tracks went on forever the crowd didn't object at all.

Esquivel!: "Infinity in Sound Vol. 2". Muzak on mescaline. Contains some astounding WTF?! moments on pedal steel guitar by Alvino Rey in amongst the general elevator-to-Mars musical proceedings.

Michael Rother: "Radio". The 'short edits' of many Rother tracks, plus a few then-new ones. Spans pretty much everything from 1976-93.

Plus I've been working on finishing up the 'pre-track' layers for my next thing for Magnatune...lots of shortwave audio that's been massively tampered/DSPed thus far. Hopefully this new thing, right now called "Intercepts", should be out in late July if I can get it done before my Japan trip next month.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index