cain'd is great

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Re: cain'd is great
Jan 17, 2005, 23:18
i finally got around to playing it all last night once id managed to get the box out of the stupid cardboard sleeves that cope seems to love so much the plastic case is flimsy but does the job there are two discs which is crap as there should only be one and the argument for two could have easily been dealt with by a short gap between sides as for the music its not that impressive it just sounds like cope to me with the standout being some great guitar licks by doggen this hasnt move cope forward musically at all but cain is now done and dusted just as smile has been file under cope and thats about it
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Jan 17, 2005, 23:21
and as for the distorted vocals - no it does not work one little bit but then saddam is not much of a song either
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Jan 17, 2005, 23:24
i think he made his smile with skellington after the pet sounds of fried.... hope you find time to play it again... it's very very good
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Jan 17, 2005, 23:25
those vocals are bad, mar the first 20 minutes. disc 2 has plenty of pearls
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Jan 17, 2005, 23:26
looks a bit like sexy sadie to me....
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Jan 17, 2005, 23:28
im not saying i dont like it just that its just cope and cope is not really where my head is at this point of time
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Jan 17, 2005, 23:31
for all those that want cope to be cope then caind is for u
if u want cope to be an explorer then caind will disappoint u hugely
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Jan 17, 2005, 23:39
i think i probably want him to be cope again. i'd rather listen to try try try than brain donor. he probably tried to appeal to both camps on cain'd which may explain the two discs.
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Jan 17, 2005, 23:42
but then again cope is entitled just like anyone else to make produce and put out in whatever shape or form what he likes and its all just a matter of opinion as to then what anyone else thinks about it all
Rock Wagram
Rock Wagram
316 posts

Jan 18, 2005, 10:07
Dont mnd the vox, but agree Sadaam is a bit of a non song, reckon, Not one of his best, but better than the previous versions i heard. I get a gut feeling Cope is treading water, think (but only on 2 listens) this has less stand outs songs than Rome....it's all geting a bit singer/songwriter in my ( and i am agahst at myself ) opinion, rather than the 'songer' tag he's used before. Still, if growth is good, then it's good, I think the problem is he's written a grower here, and i've not got enough time this week to let it grow before the gig! I do LOVE stomping Dionysus tho.........Hell, i'll proably love all of it in a few days.................
I'll shut up now.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index