RFH Roll Call

Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Nikinakinoo
Nikinakinoo
1281 posts

Re: RFH Roll Call
Dec 02, 2004, 19:07
Just wrote a reply then the site crashed. Why does that happen sometimes? I'll attempt to write it again:

Why has JC picked a sit-downer? With a full band playing it should be rocking, not relaxing! I once had to sit through JC - it was painful. (The chair was hard....)I'd got on the guest list at the Westminster City Hall, but it turned out ALL guest list HAD to sit upstairs in the balcony! Served me right!! If I'd have known I would've bought tickets. It was so painful watching (probably) you lot having a whale of a time - I got downstairs a few times and tried to slip in, but got thrown out by security repeatedly. Gave up and sat through it all. Horrible experience. Will the same happen at RFH if I tried to stand down the front?

NNN
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Dec 02, 2004, 20:43
This kinda thing has happened to me a lot of times, NNN. Should be OK this time though.

Most of us will be dancing down the front after the first 5 minutes, WON'T WE?!?!
Nikinakinoo
Nikinakinoo
1281 posts

Dec 02, 2004, 21:00
Well it will work if we ALL go down the front. Otherwise it will be just me and you Amazon. Mind you I'm right down the back in another section so whats the betting their might be security between sections?

NNN
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Dec 02, 2004, 21:30
Hey, I'm used to dancing on my OWN at the front.

:oP

(Yes, you buncha tossers!)
konaman
konaman
533 posts

Dec 02, 2004, 21:57
must admit I thought about a box !!

may come up & join you if it gets too boisterous for an old man down the front!!
Brother Johnno
Brother Johnno
428 posts

Dec 03, 2004, 18:55
...yes come on up! I'm hoping to sneak some beer up there and have a bit of a bash. Just hope it's not a kneck-wrenching view.
BJx
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Dec 03, 2004, 19:04
The boxes in the RFH are actually pretty cool. If you spend your whole time looking at the crowd at the stage and feeling left out, then it'll obviously be crap.

But if you're prepared for a different type of gig... just accept that you've got a great view and a private space to dance in... then you'll have a fine time.

We saw Dexy's Midnight Runners from a RFH box and it was great. Given the choice, it's better to be at the stage... but a private box is far better than the balconies.
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Dec 03, 2004, 19:18
I was in a box at Liverpool's Royal Court when I was nine months pregnant. I couldn't get close enough to the edge to see Julian on the stage. My unborn son danced all the way through though.
Brother Johnno
Brother Johnno
428 posts

Dec 03, 2004, 20:47
Hey GJ,
..cheers for the info, really looking forward to it now. Taking a buddy and his wife who have never really listened to Cope although they are well in tune with his enormity in all things cool. They have a pretty broad musical spectrum having listened to most sound stuff since the early 70's but I need to think about preparing them with a bit of a compilation disc. May ask for suggested playlists?
I'm really envious, I missed Dexys at the RFH by simply not booking up in time. What made it worse was that most magazines and London critics all called it 'Gig of the Year'. Gutted!
BJx
Mrs Ahab
Mrs Ahab
1138 posts

Dec 03, 2004, 21:52
huh, forgotten about me allrerady eh :)
Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index