Unsung Forum »
Ian Astbury does Jim

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
zuggog
286 posts

Ian Astbury does Jim
Aug 12, 2004, 08:08
Doors touring with Ian Astbury in the lead role. Didn't he just do the MC5 thing?
Local ex drug lord Graham Brazier [Hello Sailor] nearly got the job when the vocalist position became vacant due to death all those years ago.
On the back of 1994's "The Cult" Cd, Ian, with [then]new[short] haircut looks a wee bit like Mr. Cope from T/E days.
Who will Ian do next.

Right, I'm off to play wild flower and love removal machine.
torpedo
95 posts

Re: Ian Astbury does Jim
Aug 12, 2004, 10:46
Careful now! Personally I like The Cult, but Mr Astbury seems to be universally hated on this site.
Juliette Lewis
109 posts

Aug 12, 2004, 12:58
I like some of the songs off Sonic Temple. Don't care for Electric tho - I think it's one of the most overrated albums of its time.

Whatever he does next, I'm sure he'll look foolish.
torpedo
95 posts

Aug 12, 2004, 14:42
I'm sure he'd present Crimewatch if he was offered!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 12, 2004, 15:24
He's nothing like Jimbo at all, although he probably always wished he was! And anyways he's got the most annoying singing voice ever.
Juliette Lewis
109 posts

Aug 12, 2004, 16:56
"the most annoying singing voice ever"

No, Chris Cornell or any of the other grunge singers are far more annoying than Ian Astbury.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 12, 2004, 17:56
Actually I think yr right. I stand corrected. :^)
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Aug 12, 2004, 20:30
I think that if the Doors were looking for a new frontman they should have got Bernard Manning in. He's probably what Jimbo would look like now if he'd lived.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Aug 12, 2004, 21:06
music is entertainment. Not a great deal more

Know what you're saying, and sometimes I feel like that...but I have to say that music can change the way we feel, it can connect with many people on different levels, it can take us to different levels, alter our mood, capture a moment perfectly and has the power to physically and psychically heal.

It also aids memory recall, and a tune from way back can remind me of the scents and smells and feelings I experienced as long as 30 years ago. That's more than entertainment surely?

As for Ian Astbury, I saw his Holy Barbarians and they were neither, and not entertaining in the slightest!

Didn't Copey rip off the Cult's "Phoenix" with Brian Donor tho???
snatchfan
19 posts

Aug 12, 2004, 22:04
> Didn't Copey rip off the Cult's "Phoenix" with Brian Donor tho???

more likely Julian was going to source... I mean "Phoenix" was The Cult's version of Iggy & The Stooges "I Wanna Be Your Dog"
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index