Unsung ??

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Re: Good 80s One Hit Wonders
Aug 12, 2004, 22:20
Kinda wish I still had that 1st Icicle Works album..get several songs from it in my head from time to time..or when reminded,like above

Never heard anything else by them/McNabb though
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Re: STILL more cack!
Aug 12, 2004, 22:22
Posted something about Swansway a minute ago. I did actually like it at the time though I haven't heard it in 20 years so I don't know how it sounds now.

Some more comin' atcha!

Obsession by Obsession who were a Human League wannabe band, I believe this was a massive hit stateside - so Jonathan King informed us in his King In America slot on TOTP. He was such a style Guru old JK and when he told us something was gonna be a hit it was. I suppose he had such access to the kids.

Lets Go All The Way by Sly Fox which I think was an attempt at a hip hop record that turned out synth pop.

Just Outside of Heaven by H2O who were like a lower league Blancmange.

A really great 80s one hit wonder was Im In Love With A German Film Star by The Passions who managed to cross Marxism with the New Romantics.
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Aug 12, 2004, 22:22
I remember the track 'Cauldron of Love' being particularly good.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 12, 2004, 22:26
I really hated "Whisper To A Scream", not to mention "Understanding Jane", which is NOFX before NOFX happened...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 12, 2004, 22:29
Wang Chung -- didn't they do the theme from Shaft? Nah...

"Let's Go" was pretty cool, and the video had a Gesha giving the finger, which was funny!
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Aug 12, 2004, 22:33
Dance Hall Days was the hit over here. Didn't they get a mention in the second Austin Powers film?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 12, 2004, 22:35
Oh yeah, the Dance Hall Days video had someone dressed as a disco mirror ball.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Aug 12, 2004, 22:35
I can't work out whether you've never heard Understanding Jane or NoFX
;-}
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Aug 12, 2004, 22:37
I rememebr that track but don't recall what it sound slike..

During the Whisper to a Screm vid I always wondered how they made it through without getting specks of flying leaf in their eyes,unles there's plenty of "Oh fuck,my eyes!" outtake footage
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Aug 12, 2004, 22:40
Yeah, the first album is pretty great. The others are a bit more patchy (but with some really great moments). Another great unsung album. They just seemed to be the wrong generation of Liverpool band to be cool.
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index